Windows 10: BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.

Discus and support BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft team, I would like to raise issue of my HP laptop battery performance and the system getting slower day by day. So it has been two and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ANSHU SINHA, Sep 18, 2022.

1. BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.

Dear Microsoft team, I would like to raise issue of my HP laptop battery performance and the system getting slower day by day. So it has been two and a half years of my purchase my system has deteriorated drastically in the past 7 months, battery performance is almost zero, it doesn't stay without charging. It drains down automatically when the battery is at 50%. Along with that the system has slowed down too like I can not use multiple things at a time, only single software works at a time. I need the solution for this. Help me!!

:)

ANSHU SINHA, Sep 18, 2022

2. Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Repeat the steps Dave suggest you other three times.

Also you can uninstall and reinstall battery from device manager before each charge. You can do that:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on your battery

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each element on battery list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

StefanoTamiotti, Sep 18, 2022
  3. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 18, 2022
  4. vinay_45 Win User

BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.

Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Sure! I'll do the steps again for 3 times. I'll reply with the result.

Thanks!! BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING. :)

vinay_45, Sep 18, 2022
Thema:

BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.

1. BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING. - Similar Threads - BATTERY ISSUE PERFORMANCE

2. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 Gaming
    significant performance decrease: i have a gaming pc which runs very good on most games but today my pc has been acting weird and on games i have the worst fps just randomly like that.before i would have very good fps on a game called squad for example, where i would have 60-70 fps at best but now it is just...
  3. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    significant performance decrease: i have a gaming pc which runs very good on most games but today my pc has been acting weird and on games i have the worst fps just randomly like that.before i would have very good fps on a game called squad for example, where i would have 60-70 fps at best but now it is just...
  4. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Decreased gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decreased gaming performance.: Why is it that after updating W11 22H2 the performance of playing games has decreased and it often crashes, even though all the drivers from Nvidia have been updated, Thank you....
  6. Decreased gaming performance.

Decreased gaming performance.: Why is it that after updating W11 22H2 the performance of playing games has decreased and it often crashes, even though all the drivers from Nvidia have been updated, Thank you....
  7. BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.: Dear Microsoft team, I would like to raise issue of my HP laptop battery performance and the system getting slower day by day. So it has been two and a half years of my purchase my system has deteriorated drastically in the past 7 months, battery performance is almost zero,...
  8. WIN 11 - Battery Performance Issue

WIN 11 - Battery Performance Issue: Hello,Since I have upgraded my OS to WIN 11, the battery performance is not stable it is charged/consumed shortly however I did not face this issue with WIN 10In addition, the button [Turn on now] for the battery saver is not active. I tried many scenarios to activate it with...
  9. Windows performance decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows performance decreased: So i did a new installation of windows from a Srttrail.txt error with a USB. Unfortunately my Lenovo Laptop has bad performance now running games. It was like 60 fps and now down to 12 fps....
  10. Sudden Decrease in Performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Decrease in Performance?: Ok, first off, I upgraded to the insider preview a long time ago from Win7 Ulti. I can't recall exactly when, but it was sometime between November and January. When I was still on 7, I was having some intermittent issues, and was thinking about wiping, but then I just...