Windows 10: Battery Issue

Discus and support Battery Issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For some reason, even though my battery is on charge, it just keeps saying it's 23 percent charged. The battery light on the keyboard area isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ethan A. ., Jun 21, 2022.

1. Battery Issue

For some reason, even though my battery is on charge, it just keeps saying it's 23 percent charged. The battery light on the keyboard area isn't lighting up either. The computer is a windows 10 dell. Please hurry.

:)

Ethan A. ., Jun 21, 2022

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery Issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Battery Issue

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery Issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Battery Issue

1. Battery Issue - Similar Threads - Battery Issue

2. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  3. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  4. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There is a battery issue when i plug in the battery there seems a orange led light and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a battery issue when i plug in the battery there seems a orange led light and...: There is a battery issue when i plug in the battery there seems a orange led light and after few seconds led white light is coming please suggest me my system details are below OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  6. There is a battery issue when i plug in the battery there seems a orange led light and...

There is a battery issue when i plug in the battery there seems a orange led light and...: There is a battery issue when i plug in the battery there seems a orange led light and after few seconds led white light is coming please suggest me my system details are below OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  7. battery level issue

battery level issue: i have a lenovo legion y530 with windows 11. when i turn on the system it shows a good battery level but as soon as i log in to my system it shows plug in charger your battery is low. apart from that my laptop works fantastic on battery but crashes when i plug in the charger....
  8. battery level issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery level issue: i have a lenovo legion y530 with windows 11. when i turn on the system it shows a good battery level but as soon as i log in to my system it shows plug in charger your battery is low. apart from that my laptop works fantastic on battery but crashes when i plug in the charger....
  9. Battery full charge capacity issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery full charge capacity issue: Hi two days ago my laptop was lasting about 3-4 hours on battery but the next day jt lasted only about 10 minutes, and full battery charge was dropped by 70% or more it went from 47000 to 4000 and cycle counts is not increasing it only shows - a dash symbol I sure hope it's...
  10. Battery full charge capacity issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery full charge capacity issue: Hi two days ago my laptop was lasting about 3-4 hours on battery but the next day jt lasted only about 10 minutes, and full battery charge was dropped by 70% or more it went from 47000 to 4000 and cycle counts is not increasing it only shows - a dash symbol I sure hope it's...