Windows 10: Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Battery Issues after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 my laptop battery runs down overnight after shutdown. I have disabled fast startup and turned off hibernation without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BovineStorm5965, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

After updating to Windows 10 my laptop battery runs down overnight after shutdown. I have disabled fast startup and turned off hibernation without success. How do I stop the computer from apparently still running and killing the battery?

:)

BovineStorm5965, Jun 25, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 25, 2019
  3. SimDoc Win User
    Laptop battery issue

I have the same issue. I am trying to update the BIOS but will not due to "missing" battery. My charger did die on me and I had to replace it. I also wound up having to reinstall XP. Ever since the reload, the battery has been missing in action. It will run without being plugged into the wall and the battery checks good with 5 green lights. Any suggestions on how to update the bios with this problem?

SimDoc, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

1. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Battery Issues update

2. Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10: Greetings, I have troubles with the Windows 10 system upgrading to Windows 11. I just updated to Windows 11 on my laptop LENOVO IdeaPad 3 14IML05 from Windows 10. Several days after the update, I have encountered a number of issues, but the battery life issue is the most...
  3. Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10: Greetings, I have troubles with the Windows 10 system upgrading to Windows 11. I just updated to Windows 11 on my laptop LENOVO IdeaPad 3 14IML05 from Windows 10. Several days after the update, I have encountered a number of issues, but the battery life issue is the most...
  4. Battery not working after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not working after updating to Windows 10: I formatted and updated my Dell Latitude E6440 from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now its battery isn't being recognized by the computer. Currently, if the PC is turned on with the battery, the battery light blinks amber and yellow 1-1 pattern, and it turns on but occasionally...
  5. After Windows 10 update battery problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update battery problems: Are there any known battery problems caused by the most recent Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-update-battery-problems/2d642cba-cf7d-46a3-9004-cacf76a4897b
  6. Issue with battery notification after Windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with battery notification after Windows update: My last Windows update was on the 22nd of this month. After that, the notification of low battery was not coming and my laptop was switching off within a minute of hitting low battery level. On the 26th, I tried the following fixes; 1. Ran the troubleshooter for power. For...
  7. Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update: After a Windows 10 update, my battery no longer works or is recognized. I have to keeo it plugged in at all times. Previous articles and suggested troubleshooting steps do not work when you have to keep it plugged in for power. Can someone please HELP? This battery was...
  8. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Issues after Windows 10 update: Well I posted on a previous thread (that can't be found now) that the latest Windows 10 update fixed my battery issues. Well I lied. New day, dead battery. After turning off all the sleep settings everywhere as suggested, my laptop does not completely shut down when told...
  9. Battery Issues After current win 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Issues After current win 10 Update: After the current Win 10 update, I started facing some issue: 1) Quick drain of battery 2) Battery don't charge over 74% or at least that is how it shows in the battery meter 3) Win apps like edge and cortona can't connect to internet via mobile sim dongle modem, except...
  10. Two diffrent BSODs after Windows 10 update + battery issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two diffrent BSODs after Windows 10 update + battery issues: After I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 about a week ago I got two BSODs. The first one happened randomly. I downloaded BlueScreenView to see what the problem was. It highlighted two drivers HDAudBus.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. I thought that this was maybe just a random crash so I...