Windows 10: Battery issues in Laptop

Discus and support Battery issues in Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My battery is well-charged and works fine when power cord is not plugged in. But when I use my laptop with the power cord plugged in, I get a quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gwalks, May 16, 2019.

1. gwalks Win User

Battery issues in Laptop

My battery is well-charged and works fine when power cord is not plugged in. But when I use my laptop with the power cord plugged in, I get a quick message that the battery is low then immediately shuts down my computer. When that happens, I unplug my power cord and reboot fine on battery power only. I can also remove the battery and laptop works fine on power cord only.

This has only happened recently and I wonder if it's related to a recent Windows 10 update? Anyone else have this problem?

:)

gwalks, May 16, 2019

2. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, May 16, 2019
  3. Juntao Win User
    Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, May 16, 2019
  4. kenkickr Win User

Battery issues in Laptop

Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Battery issues in Laptop

1. Battery issues in Laptop - Similar Threads - Battery issues Laptop

2. Laptop battery status popup layout issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop battery status popup layout issue: Hello! I use the Windows 10 on a ThinkPad T470 with FHD screen and 125% scale. The OS is up-to-date. If I click on a battery icon to check the status, the popup comes up, but with wrong layout. It's a scale issue or can I do something? The issue does not appear when I set...
  3. Laptop battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery issue: I have two identical model Toshiba laptops (L755 Satelite).. One has W7 and was working great with about a 5-6 hour time use on my 12-cell battery. The other has W10 but was only getting 2 1/2 hours on a cheap 6-cell battery. So, I bought a good quality 12-cell battery and...
  4. Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Issue: Let me be clear and direct. I do not need a response that blames the manufacturer or the battery itself. This is not a hardware issue this is a software issue. If you answer this question regarding the batter do not give me any of that rhetoric as it is worthless. My battery...
  5. Laptop battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery: HP Laptop plugged in but not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery/e00eb5c1-1515-499b-8fe1-95364a47b4e2
  6. battery issues

battery issues: When I put Cursor over the battery icon, it shows the percentage of the battery. In other laptops of the same model, it also shows the amount of time remaining to charge/ the amount of time taken for a full charge. How can I do that on my laptop?...
  7. Laptop Battery

Laptop Battery: Shows battery "plugged in, not charging" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/laptop-battery/f5eeb345-7acf-43e2-ad5a-7e4906b8da9b
  8. laptop battery issues ??? or futures?

laptop battery issues ??? or futures?: while I was gaming after like 5 hours of gaming my laptop screen just turned off and I turned it on and log ed in and every thing was still running so I cheacked my battery and it was displaying 2% although it was plugged in AC and when I started battery was 100% useally it...
  9. Laptop died suddenly - battery issue

Laptop died suddenly - battery issue: Hi all, Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway my laptop suddenly just cut off today whilst on battery. Straight away I assumed it was the battery as I had a similar issue...
  10. Battery issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery issue: Before upgrading to Win 10 my laptop kept a charge for about 10 days when shut down. Now with Win 10 it goes dead in two days when shut down. Anyone know why? 41527