Windows 10: Battery issues only in Windows (Kernel-Power-Failure)

Discus and support Battery issues only in Windows (Kernel-Power-Failure) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure where the best place for this is, so please mods move it to the right spot. Hey, so for a while now I've believed that my battery is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ettmetal, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Ettmetal Win User

Battery issues only in Windows (Kernel-Power-Failure)

I'm not sure where the best place for this is, so please mods move it to the right spot.

Hey, so for a while now I've believed that my battery is dying. It probably is, but today I noticed that it's probably not as bad as I thought.

So, I'll be happily using my laptop for a little while, from 100% charged and suddenly, power failure.

There is no specific battery level, but usually in the region of 70-80%. Sometimes after plugging in and rebooting, the battery level will read as very different from before the power failure. Booting after such a failure generally gets me as far as the login screen before sudden power failure again.

To all intents and purposes, this behaviour seems like a power failure (the battery level action to hibernate is not triggered). Today I learned that this only happens in Windows. I have a Linux partition on my drive but for reasons rarely use it without wall power.
    My laptop battery just 'died' about ten minutes ago while I was using Windows, including 'dying' before I can type my password at login after trying to reboot. Yet here I am, sitting pretty from Linux.

This seems to me then that it's an OS (or driver - do batteries use drivers?) issue, but I've already explored all the common settings in Windows that I can find searching for laptop battery death while charged - namely:
    badly configured low/critical battery levels and actions (verified to not be set too high)
    ensuring that hiberfil.sys is large enough to hold the entire system RAM contents (currently set to 110% of system RAM)
    verifying that the battery is not actually running out of charge (I mean, I'm still using it in another OS so, seems fine to me).

Any direction you could point me in to get Windows to accept that the battery does indeed have charge would be great.

Either that or the part of the Linux spec that shows how they get it to run on æther when the attached battery has no charge, because that seems like a technology the whole world could do with *Wink

:)

Ettmetal, Oct 24, 2018

2. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Kernel 41 Power issue

Hello,

When the computer shuts down or restarts unexpectedly, the Kernel Power Event ID 41 error occurs. Upon starting a computer running Windows, the system checks whether the computer was properly shut down. If the computer was not properly turned off, a Kernel
    Power Event 41 message is generated.

Regarding the error that you're getting, we suggest that you check the solution provided by

AndrewGeraci
    on this
    link

For more information regarding Windows Kernel power issue, kindly visit this
    article

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Battery issues only in Windows (Kernel-Power-Failure)

After upgrading to WIndows 10 i get Kernel security check failure

It happens to me at any time, whithout advise, without signal, etc.

LuchoPizarro, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Battery issues only in Windows (Kernel-Power-Failure)

1. Battery issues only in Windows (Kernel-Power-Failure) - Similar Threads - Battery issues Kernel

2. volmgr, kernel power issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volmgr, kernel power issues: 013023-7390-01.dmpDear Advisor,I have constant kernel power 41 volmgr critical issues BSOD and without blue screenwhile gaming. Is it related to the hard drive?I did all i found about kernel 41Power management set to balanceddisable fast bootupdated all driversrerolled all...
  3. Power and Battery Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Battery Issues: I have a Serious problem with my Settings app in The category of "Power and Battery" it just keeps loading!My Pc Is Lenovo ThinkPad T490 and this problem came lately when I was trying to get some free space on my pc.. I was deleting some unwanted files but then I noticed that...
  4. Power and Battery Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power and Battery Issues: I have a Serious problem with my Settings app in The category of "Power and Battery" it just keeps loading!My Pc Is Lenovo ThinkPad T490 and this problem came lately when I was trying to get some free space on my pc.. I was deleting some unwanted files but then I noticed that...
  5. Kernel-Power 41 Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power 41 Issue: Hi,I am having an issue with my PC where it will randomly restart. In the event viewer, it is listed as a Kernel-Power 41 Critical Error. I will attach a screenshot of the event viewer page. My PC specs are:-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT-GPU: EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super SC...
  6. Kernel-Power issues

Kernel-Power issues: I have been having regular BSOD and been trying to fix this issue for a while. I am hoping to get some assistance to get this resolved as its preventing me from being able to work on projects I need to get taken care of. I have done many hotfix attempts but I have no more...
  7. Kernel Power 41 issue

Kernel Power 41 issue: I am facing unexpected power loss and the laptop is shutting down. It is happening on battery power and doesn't turn on unless I plug in the AC adaptor. I have reinstalled windows 10 and updated BIOS but it is of no help. My laptop model is the HP-15 series. I have gone...
  8. Windows Kernel Power issue v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Kernel Power issue v1903: Hello, I have a reccurent problem with the 1903 update : Kernel Power error. Here's the xml : - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  9. Kernel Power 41 issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel Power 41 issue: Hi all I am having a really frustrating Kernel-Power issue which is recurring almost once a day now(!) I bought a new HP computer a couple of months ago and since then it has been happening more and more frequently. Below is the most recent event. Unlike some of the other...
  10. Kernel Power Failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kernel Power Failure: Hello, Computer Novice Here, I keep getting a kernel power failure with this event log Can someone point me in the right direction? Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is a kernal failure a battery supply

2. kernel power battery

3. kernal-power bad battery

4. kernel power failure