Windows 10: Battery issues/random shutdowns

Discus and support Battery issues/random shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; At the beginning of this year, I noticed something odd with regard to the charging/battery life of my pc. It started off merely as the indicator on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel Wittman, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Battery issues/random shutdowns

At the beginning of this year, I noticed something odd with regard to the charging/battery life of my pc. It started off merely as the indicator on the side-switching between orange and white, to the old battery lasting an hour and a half to fifty minutes come April/May. During that time something odd began to happen. The pc would switch off- screen going black even if the battery appeared full or continually attached/charging on the wall. Going to a repair shop they made it clear that the problem was not the charger but the battery...or at least it seemed that way originally. This month I bought a replacement but quickly found that the problem still occurs, and going to another shop for a different opinion- I was then told that it was the charger causing the problem. The issue hasn't improved as after pulling an all-nighter on work today the pc suddenly acted as previously mentioned. The battery was clearly removed, there were no issues with power in the house. I'm worried as windows troubleshooter can't discern any issues.

How much time do I have before doomsday?

:)

Daniel Wittman, Oct 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 Stuck on Repair, getting random shutdown.

We just want to verify a few things about the issue you're having with the issue that's going on on your PC. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what were the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?
    • About the random shutdown, is this concern happening prior to the update?

We'll wait for your reply.

Robert Caw, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Random Shutdown Issues

when you hear of random shutdowns, its almsot always something overheating. CPU, PSU, ram, northbridge - in that order of likeliness.

PSU's arent my specialty (why should they be, i buy a good one and dont bother looking for another 3 years *Stick Out Tongue Battery issues/random shutdowns :p) but when people talk about PSU's around here they tend to list a few brands. PC P&C, corsair are the main two. whenever coolermaster is mentioned, its usually as a middle of the pile product, not a great or exceptional product.

Corsair on the other hand, is mentioned as king of the hill currently - an 850W corsair is going to be rather superior to a 750W coolermaster.

Mussels, Oct 22, 2018
  4. TIGR Win User

Battery issues/random shutdowns

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

Battery issues/random shutdowns

1. Battery issues/random shutdowns - Similar Threads - Battery issues random

2. Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.: I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update released has fixed this issue for me. I can go a few days just fine. Four days max. And then the issue will come. Sometimes...
  3. battery drains fast or it randomly shutdowns after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery drains fast or it randomly shutdowns after upgrade: Hi! I just recently upgraded my girlfriend's laptop to windows 10 as it is still running on windows 8 pro and I just recently installed a new RAM and when I boot up the device, the user available memory is only about 2GB so I did troubleshoot it and led me to doing a format...
  4. Unexpected shutdown on battery

Unexpected shutdown on battery: I am experiencing some issue with my laptop. My laptop is shutting down unexpectedly on battery and won't power up until plugged-in. On turning on I see battery is>50%. Once it shut-down at 90%. I am attaching logs of the events just before/after and at the moment of...
  5. Random laptop shutdowns after a battery replacement.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random laptop shutdowns after a battery replacement.: hi, i have got a 3 year old Acer Aspire E 15 laptop running the latest version of windows 08/06/2020 - 15:36 GMT. i had anAS16B5J battery which came with the laptop running at 11.1 V and 5300mAh / 58.8 Wh capacity, it worked fine for 3 years but needed replacing. i bought...
  6. Random shutdown

Random shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down. When I then boot my computer again, I get a message from the BIOS stating that it lost contact with the operating system. This happens every 2-3 hours or so. Could you...
  7. Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutdown After Battery Replacement: Hi, I recently replaced the dead battery in my Dell Latitude E6440 (Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362). I bought the battery on eBay for a lot less than Dell wanted to charge me but it seems to have an issue with ACPI in that the laptop randomly shuts down when in its docking...
  8. Random Shutdowns

Random Shutdowns: So, I work in the I.T. department for a large company and we are all baffled by this new issue. We ordered a handful of OptiPlex 7050's because we need the large case for cards. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise, then I installed a secondary NIC and a NVIDIA QUADRO K620. I...
  9. Low Battery Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low Battery Shutdown: Hello all My problem is a weird one. I've set "low battery action: none" and "critical battery action: hibernate" on all my power plans. My laptop still sometimes shuts down after low battery notification. Also, hibernate takes a unusually long time. The problem can be that...
  10. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdowns: Laptop, Dell Studio 1555, Previously running Win7 Ultimate and had no issues regarding random shutdowns. Upgraded to Win10 Pro, then wiped drive and clean installed Win10 Pro. No issues during installation. No issues with device drivers. No other software installed....