Windows 10: Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".

Discus and support Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging". in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, as the title suggests, I keep getting that infamous error. However, it keeps happening. I have found some methods online of how to fix this as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CannonBall30000, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".

So, as the title suggests, I keep getting that infamous error. However, it keeps happening. I have found some methods online of how to fix this as a one-time thing, but it keeps happening and heavily annoying me.

The methods I use involve uninstalling the battery drivers and messing around with the cables and sometimes work, but are tedious.

I think this may be to do with the new update to the battery drivers. Is there any way to manually install an older version?

:)

CannonBall30000, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Barman58 Win User

Battery won't charge to 100%, even though it says it did

The Sm@rtA$$ suggestion would be to replace the battery *Wink and to be totally honest that is the only surefire solution, Batteries have a usage life as well as a shelf life (which can mean that if a battery is stocked for a long time before first use you could already be part way down the road to failure.

There are methods to condition some older types of battery (NiCad), which tends to build up a charge memory if the users charges the battery too much - Ni-Cad batteries should be allowed to run down to almost no charge regularly to prevent this and following a similar but exaggerated system can work to reverse the issue -

Ni-Cad Conditioning

• Fully charge the battery
    • Leave the device running at a high load, [Playing Video / music / encoding a video, (that you can afford to lose], after you switch off all battery saving options so that you can actually get to a situation that the battery gets so low that the device shuts down - leave for half an hour and try again as sometime the battery can "regain" access to more power reserve
    • Fully Charge the battery
    • Repeat This several times and also perform this action Once at least once a month

NImH batteries are supposedly immune to these issues but it can sometimes happen and the above routine may help but is just as likely to not do anything

The basic issue here is that a battery is a chemical reaction based device and the chemical reaction is reversible, (charging) only a set number of times ( you will often see very small print on rechargeable batteries stating an approximate number of charge cycles possible), the problem is that switching the device on when plugged into the mains supply is treated by the battery as a charge cycle. Some laptops will allow you to remove the battery and use it as a normal mains device - some will not - if you have to have the battery in place to use the laptop then don't plug it in if you can as this will actually improve overall battery life, both per charge and over the full life of the battery

Barman58, Sep 7, 2018
  3. battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".

my battery is plugged in but it says not charging

my battery is plugged in but it says not charging

MarthaTolle, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".

1. Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging". - Similar Threads - Battery keeps saying

2. battery not charging, plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    battery not charging, plugged in: battery not charging, plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-plugged-in/88491c52-331c-44b9-b54f-e250c0d5d1e9
  3. Battery says plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery says plugged in but not charging: Hello, I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270 and up until a few days ago I had no problems charging my two batteries. Now, however, Battery 2 will not charge beyond 3% and Battery 1 will charge only up to 53% and then it stops charging. I can not remove the battery from the...
  4. battery plugged in but not charging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery plugged in but not charging.: The battery is plugged in but is not charging. Battery power down from 80% to 64%. Why the battery has not been charging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging/fb632c93-3afc-4fc2-a314-fb557fc2d879
  5. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  6. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  7. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  8. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  9. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....
  10. my battery is plugged in but it says not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    my battery is plugged in but it says not charging: my battery is plugged in but it says not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-battery-is-plugged-in-but-it-says-not-charging/208669e3-cde4-48ec-8950-3968843463e4