Windows 10: battery & keyboard backlight misbehaving on Samsung Book Flex 15.6

Discus and support battery & keyboard backlight misbehaving on Samsung Book Flex 15.6 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; "Greetings all. The battery charging seems very erratic based on the indications on Windows 10 all latest updates, etc.... I left my computer plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alchemist Of Life aka, Jan 10, 2021.

1. battery & keyboard backlight misbehaving on Samsung Book Flex 15.6

"Greetings all.

The battery charging seems very erratic based on the indications on Windows 10 all latest updates, etc.... I left my computer plugged in overnight and the battery is just 26%; when I plug it in, I do see the symbol of the plug light up, so I know it's getting power. However, among other things, it no longer indicates the "time to full charge" which it did until a few days ago. I have not kept track of updates so I don't know what could cause this.

Separately perhaps related?, the keyboard backlighting goes off after just a few seconds and it does not come back on unless I again press the Fn 9, but then it goes out again after just a few seconds.

I have auto update on both Windows 10 and Samsung Updates.

Any assistance warmly welcome.

Peace.

:)

Alchemist Of Life aka, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion

Source: New Galaxy Computing Portfolio Offers a Device for Everyone - Samsung US Newsroom

See also: Now available: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex and Samsung Galaxy Book Ion | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    CES 2020: Samsung expands computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex a

Source: CES 2020: Samsung expands its computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex α | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
  4. battery & keyboard backlight misbehaving on Samsung Book Flex 15.6

Samsung Ativ Book 6 - Microsoft Signature version - FN keys don't work

I have a Samsung Ativ Book 6, Windows Signature version, purchased from a Microsoft retail store. (Model NP680Z5E-X02US).

Since updating to Windows 10. all of the keyboard function keys that manage brightness, volume, keyboard backlight, etc, don't work. The Samsung website doesn't even acknowledge this model exists.

I'd really like to keep using this computer, but having to go into settings just to adjust the display brightness is maddening.

Any ideas?

I_am_LarryB, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

battery & keyboard backlight misbehaving on Samsung Book Flex 15.6

1. battery & keyboard backlight misbehaving on Samsung Book Flex 15.6 - Similar Threads - battery keyboard backlight

2. How to make keyboard backlight stay on? Samsung Galaxy Book S & Win10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make keyboard backlight stay on? Samsung Galaxy Book S & Win10.: Hi, I'm wondering if there's a sneaky way via Regedit or some other means by which I could make the keyboard backlight remain permanently on (or at least be less random than it currently is!)? I have a new Samsung Galaxy Book S and Windows 10, fully updated. Cheers!...
  3. Touchpad on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950Q stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950Q stops working: Hi, suddenly the touchpad of my Galaxy Book Flex stopped working. The touchscreen and the S-Pen continue to work, so it is still manageable. It happened after a Windows update, but I'm not sure if there is some relation to this I'm now at 20H2 build 19042.685. fn-F5 key...
  4. New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion: Over the last month, it's become clear that we rely on our technology more than ever before. Our mobile devices keep us connected to our loved ones, coworkers, and classmates. They help us stay organized, on-task, and in-the-loop. They let us shop from bed, keep up with the...
  5. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard backlight: I can't find the settings for the backlight on my laptop.Where can I find the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/e8bb3330-c998-4369-973c-1ec8ca0b8bc2
  6. CES 2020: Samsung expands computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex a

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2020: Samsung expands computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex a: [ATTACH] Prior to CES, Samsung introduced the Galaxy Book Flex α (alpha), a new variant of Galaxy Book Flex and the latest installment in the company’s new line of Galaxy Computing devices that combine the productivity and premium experience of a laptop with the mobility...
  7. Battery Life on a new Lenovo Flex 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Life on a new Lenovo Flex 15: Hi, I just recently bought a Lenovo Flex 15 and I thought that it had a good battery life, based on what I had read. But, the battery on my laptop isn't lasting more than about four hours doing basic tasks like watching YouTube or Netflix. Should this be so? Is there...
  8. Keyboard Backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Backlight: Does Lenovo Flex 4-1330 have a backlight? I can't figure it out. If it does please tell me how to turn it on. Fn+ space bar isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/be6d12bb-a5ca-4c29-a5e1-ca292fea6699
  9. Samsung galaxy book keyboard not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung galaxy book keyboard not connecting: I have a Samsung galaxy book 10.6 and the keyboard doesn't connect all of a sudden, (I have tablet mode off) when I attach the keyboard it doesn't work. I also if nothing works I want to get a new keyboard that attaches to my laptop to replace the previous one but can't find...
  10. Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue: Hi, Running latest build of Windows 10 on a Samsung NP900X3A-B03UK. The Keyboard Backlight does not work and I don't know how or even if any of the Samsung Windows 8 apps/drivers will fix this. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get this working. Everything else...