Windows 10: Battery level of external Bluetooth devices

Discus and support Battery level of external Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use updated Surface Pro 4 laptop. It works without any problems but I want to find out how I can check the battery level of the connected external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Schalliol, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Battery level of external Bluetooth devices

I use updated Surface Pro 4 laptop. It works without any problems but I want to find out how I can check the battery level of the connected external Bluetooth devices, for instance the mouse. I cannot find the setting anywhere

:)

Robert Schalliol, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

How to check battery level of external Bluetooth devices on Surface machine.

Hi Caitlyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Most Bluetooth devices have their own application interfaces which allow users to change default actions and provide more control over the device. Most of these applications provide information about the battery status as well.

Windows 10 version 1803 includes a new feature to show the battery level of external Bluetooth device. Windows 10 shows the battery level of the external device only, if the device supports the feature. All devices might not support this feature.

Go to Settings->Devices->Bluetooth and other devices.

If the device is connected and supports the feature, you should be able to see the battery level next to the device name.

Since, you are using a surface machine, the surface app has a dedicated battery level section for Microsoft Bluetooth accessories, letting you get an overall glimpse at how much longer each has left before it's in need of some more power. You can download
    the app from the link below.

Microsoft
    Surface app

On surface app, click on the battery icon to see the connected Microsoft accessories listed along with their battery level. Compatible accessories include devices like the Surface Pen and Surface Dial, Microsoft Surface Mouse and Ergonomic Keyboard.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact back, in case you need any further assistance and mark the answer as 'Yes', if it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 27, 2018
  3. How to check battery level of external Bluetooth devices on Surface machine.

I have a Surface Pro 4 updated to the most recent software update. I'm unable to see the battery levels of my connected Bluetooth devices, such as my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. Is there a setting I need to turn on?

***Modified title from: Check Battery of Bluetooth Device***

CaitlynWong, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Battery level of external Bluetooth devices

Is there a way to check battery level of Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse?

Hello Dave,

The battery level of Microsoft Bluetooth Mice can be determined through its light indicator depending on the device model. For your reference, we suggest that you visit the link below:

Product Support: Mice

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Battery level of external Bluetooth devices

1. Battery level of external Bluetooth devices - Similar Threads - Battery level external

2. Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch: I bought an Xbox controller specifically for PC gaming a year or two ago, and I've recently noticed an issue with using the Game Bar. While it is nice to have the battery level there, it seems to be inaccurate. I had my controller plugged in to charge for a few hours, and on...
  3. Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch: I bought an Xbox controller specifically for PC gaming a year or two ago, and I've recently noticed an issue with using the Game Bar. While it is nice to have the battery level there, it seems to be inaccurate. I had my controller plugged in to charge for a few hours, and on...
  4. Bluetooth devices battery level stopped showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth devices battery level stopped showing: After the recent Windows 10 update to version 1903 (build 18362.116), connected bluetooth devices (mouse, pen) do not show battery levels in Settings (I am quite sure it was showing before). HP Spectre x360 convertible (2019) with the same BT mouse and digital pen as before...
  5. Polling Bluetooth Battery level with Powershell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Polling Bluetooth Battery level with Powershell: I know with Windows 10 1803 we are able to see the battery level of connect wireless Bluetooth devices that support it (Such as the Surface Mouse) Is there a PowerShell command that can be run to display the battery level for these devices as well? One exists for the...
  6. Bluetooth Battery Level via Battery System Icon

Bluetooth Battery Level via Battery System Icon: We have all been there when our wireless devices (mouse/keyboard) stop responding. Or in my instance, using the Surface Pen buttons and suddenly they stopped working. You guessed it, my battery in my Bluetooth device died. Would it be possible to update either the...
  7. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones: Hi, does anyone know how I can find the battery percentage for Bluetooth headphones? I googled it and it only had stuff for mouse, keyboard, pen, etc BUT NONE FOR HEADPHONES!!! I need my headphones to work and it is important for me to know when I need to charge it so it...
  8. Bluetooth Device Battery

Bluetooth Device Battery: Bluetooth device battery is not showing on my computer. It is showing on my one plus 5t. I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-battery/54661871-279b-4dcf-8195-d859efefd887
  9. Battery of bluetooth devices

Battery of bluetooth devices: When are we going to be able to know the battery of our bluetooth devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-of-bluetooth-devices/10c8274e-b557-408a-bae5-78c1bb355981
  10. Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10: How to: Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 How to Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each...