Windows 10: Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state

Discus and support Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it normal that the battery status (%) is appearing when pressing keys - even when the laptop is completely shutdown? The screen will turn off after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chrisse S., Feb 13, 2019.

1. Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state

Is it normal that the battery status (%) is appearing when pressing keys - even when the laptop is completely shutdown? The screen will turn off after a few seconds, however, I believe the battery power is still consumed during shutdown.

I have Windows 10 in my Lenovo 330s. Just new, just have it for less than 2 weeks. Thanks

:)

Chrisse S., Feb 13, 2019
  2. Kai Ponte Win User

how to show battery percentage

I've been searching and looking at the settings. Isn't there a way to show the battery percentage on the status bar at the top of the screen? Seems obvious this should be present but I can't find it.

Here's what I found in a search - a very old request - https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/.../3543458-battery-percentage-at-the-status-bar

Here's what I mean - In the picture below, you see my home screen. The battery percentage is not shown. I see a somewhat descriptive icon of a bettery, but would like to see the percentage.

Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state d1bb5f5e-9cc0-480a-b185-4a27ed287646.png

In order to see percentage, I have to actively swipe down as in the picture below -

Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state a0bf7f86-f08f-4ff5-920f-740cfbb0a0a6.png

By comparison, here's the home screen on my older Android-based screen. You can see the percentage of the battery next to the icon.

I'm assuming iOS does this also -

Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state 97c67c1c-b9db-471a-834a-43f910e29181.png

Ideas?

TIA!

Kai Ponte, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Battery drains during Sleep/Shutdown

Hi Rahul,

If you are experiencing battery drains during Sleep or Shutdown, we need to check your battery settings and perform a battery saving. There are two related categories that we need to visit. These are the Power & sleep. Follow the steps below:

• Open the Action Center and click System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Choose your desired time for Screen and Sleep.
    • Under Related settings, click Additional power settings.
    • We will be prompted to Power Options' control panel.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • We need to customize our power plan, choose between Balanced (recommended) or
      Power Saver.

Let's proceed with battery saving, battery saver feature is the same kind of tools that can be found in mobile phones and tablets. It is off by default and won't turn on if your device is charging. These are the steps:

• Go to the Action Center and choose System.
    • Click Battery saver.
    • Select Battery saver settings. (Note: Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%, but you can set that higher or lower.)
    • Adjust the Battery saver to your desired percentage.

Using these two processes will definitely improve your battery's life.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state

battery icon and percentage not accurate

I an using Windows 10 on a Tablet. When I press the \/ iron on the top bar to show the battery life, it shows a full battery. When I press the battery icon on that screen, it indicates my battery is at 99%. However, 1) the battery icon on that sub-screen
    shows some battery usage, and 2) the computer has been running for several hours, so I know I am well below 99%. Why are the two displays at variance, and how can I get the percentage to work properly again? Thank you,

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

WarrenDimock, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state

1. Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state - Similar Threads - Battery life percentage

2. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  3. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  4. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Battery Percentage decreasing when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Percentage decreasing when plugged in: basically, it's possible to use a laptop without a battery, so im doing that because there's nothing dangerous on it, but while the PC is plugged in, the battery is decreasing, why?...
  6. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  7. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  8. Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Problems with the battery life percentage: Hello, I have two problems: 1) When my laptop is plugged it shows two different battery life percentages, and 2) When the battery life is around 30%-40% my laptop suspends without warning and I can't use until I plug it to the AC, when I turn it on again(while plugged to...
  9. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17
  10. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba