Windows 10: Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

Discus and support Battery life with Win 11 is terrible! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobR., Nov 23, 2021.

1. RobR. Win User

Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I have checked and updated my drivers.NOW it still discharges too quickly but ALSO will not charge to any more then 79%.This is really unacceptable.What recourse is there? I would be willing to go back to Win 10, even though I despise all the background pics being out of focus.

:)

RobR., Nov 23, 2021

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Nov 23, 2021
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Totig Win User

Samsung Omnia 7 - terrible battery life!!!

Hi, does anyone else have terrible battery life on a Samsung Omnia 7? If so, do you know where or how to report this to Samsung? I fully charge my phone over night on mains, in fact it charges for longer than I end up using it. After 5 hours it has
    about 30% battery remaining, and all I do is listen to music for about 3 hours on it. I have my gmail account set to sync automatically, and thats the only account. My old iPhone 3g which had very bad battery, at least used to make it through the day.

If the battery is this bad when I am hardly using it, I cant imagine what its going to be like when I actually need to use it properly.

Totig, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Battery life with Win 11 is terrible! - Similar Threads - Battery life terrible

2. Windows 11 battery life is terrible. How do you fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery life is terrible. How do you fix it?: Hi. Wonder if anyone can offer suggestions please? So far Windows 11 seems only slightly more appealing than windows 8. Aside from ruining a perfectly good user interface -which I imagine I will eventually get used to.. the biggest ongoing issue affecting me daily is the...
  3. Windows 11 battery life is terrible. How do you fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 battery life is terrible. How do you fix it?: Hi. Wonder if anyone can offer suggestions please? So far Windows 11 seems only slightly more appealing than windows 8. Aside from ruining a perfectly good user interface -which I imagine I will eventually get used to.. the biggest ongoing issue affecting me daily is the...
  4. Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!: The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I have checked and updated my drivers.NOW it still discharges too quickly but ALSO will not charge to any more then 79%.This is...
  5. Windows 11 battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery life: I have my laptop that I have installed windows 11 on it. The battery life on my laptop is not the best, so I wanted to know if windows 11 will drain more or less battery than windows 10....
  6. Windows 11 battery life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 battery life: I have my laptop that I have installed windows 11 on it. The battery life on my laptop is not the best, so I wanted to know if windows 11 will drain more or less battery than windows 10....
  7. Terrible Surface Laptop 3 Battery Life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Terrible Surface Laptop 3 Battery Life: Hi, I've had my Surface Laptop 3 Intel I5 Core, 8GB Ram, 256GB for nearly six months now, and I think it's a great laptop in all but one respect - its battery life. From the start, it never lived up to its marketing promise of 11.5 hours not even close, even though I never...
  8. battery life

battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  9. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  10. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba