Windows 10: Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update

Discus and support Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go. All in all the update runs great on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmclapp, Dec 21, 2018.

1. jmclapp Win User

Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update

Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go.

All in all the update runs great on the Surface Pro, but the battery life seems to noticeably drain quicker than 1803.

Has anyone else seen increased power consumption with 1809?

:)

jmclapp, Dec 21, 2018

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Dec 21, 2018
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Dec 21, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Futuremark Releases Powermark Battery Life Test for Windows 7 Devices

Futuremark, the world leader in performance benchmarking software and services, today expanded its product line with Powermark a new battery life and power consumption test for Windows 7 notebooks, laptops, tablets and other battery powered devices. Powermark is a professional grade benchmark designed for industrial testing of battery powered Windows 7 devices by OEMs, corporations and governments. It includes a convenient set of standard tests based on productivity and entertainment use-case scenarios, as well as allowing custom settings for bespoke testing requirements. Powermark Professional Edition commercial licenses start at $200 for 10 activations. For further details and to purchase Powermark please visit this page.

Jukka Mäkinen, CEO of Futuremark said, "Battery life is critical to delivering a positive user experience. Powermark helps PC industry OEMs and their suppliers strike a balance between performance and power consumption by providing a consistent, accurate and reliable testing and measurement tool created with Futuremark’s deep experience in quality benchmarking software."

Powermark - battery life test for Windows 7 devices from Futuremark:
    • Accurately measure the battery life of Windows 7 devices.
    • Choose convenient scenario tests or create your own custom settings.
    • Designed for professional test lab environments.
    • Licensed for commercial use.
    Powermark is only available for business customers at this time.

btarunr, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update - Similar Threads - Battery Life 1809

2. Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update: So I have used my laptop for a couple of months at its point with no problem. The battery life was 8 hours, and it kept cool, with the CPU and GPU at around 40C under regular workload. However, recently, my battery life went down to 1.5 hours, and my CPU started to heat up to...
  3. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  4. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  5. Battery Life

Battery Life: My laptop's battery life drains incredibly fast. Unplugging the computer from a charger when its at 100% gives me about 4 minutes before it dies. I've tried freeing up memory, turning off the backlight on the keyboard, and lowing the screen brightness but none of it works....
  6. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  7. Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update: Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go. All in all the update runs great on the Surface Pro, but the battery life seems to noticeably drain quicker than 1803. Has anyone else seen increased power...
  8. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  9. Battery Life

Battery Life: How long is a new HP Pavilion windows 10 battery supposed to last when fully charged? I just got mine for my 18th birthday, which was on July 7th, 2018. Just a few days ago... It was fully charged and the battery went to 20% in five hours... I always keep the brightness down...
  10. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 battery drain

2. windows 1809 battery life

3. windows 10 update 1809 battery problem

4. windows 10 1809 draining battery,
  5. battery drainage problem windows 10 pro 1809,
  6. upgrade to 1809 surface pro 3,
  7. battery life 1803 vs 1809,
  8. windows 10 1809 drain more battery?,
  9. windows 10 1809 battery,
  10. windows 10 update battery life,
  11. windows 10 1809 battery life,