Windows 10: battery life

Discus and support battery life in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JOHNPALLITO, Sep 10, 2019.

1. battery life

what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop

:)

JOHNPALLITO, Sep 10, 2019

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 10, 2019
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 10, 2019
  4. battery life

Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

battery life

1. battery life - Similar Threads - battery life

2. Does my device get the improved battery life and power efficiency in 1909?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does my device get the improved battery life and power efficiency in 1909?: hi all: Will my device get the improved battery life and power efficiency in 1909? Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G-57VG. Is there a way to check if mine will get it? I have Intel Core i5-8265U....
  3. Battery Life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Life: My laptop's battery life drains incredibly fast. Unplugging the computer from a charger when its at 100% gives me about 4 minutes before it dies. I've tried freeing up memory, turning off the backlight on the keyboard, and lowing the screen brightness but none of it works....
  4. Improve Battery Life when watching Movies and Videos on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Improve Battery Life when watching Movies and Videos on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you always find that your Windows 10 device’s battery lasts for a shorter time than you expected, you can optimize Windows 10 for better battery life – especially while watching videos and movies on battery power. Improve Battery Life [...] This post...
  5. Thank you Microsoft. My battery life after update 1903. (Laptop came with Windows home so...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thank you Microsoft. My battery life after update 1903. (Laptop came with Windows home so...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ble3azy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dhdglz/thank_you_microsoft_my_battery_life_after_update/
  6. Battery Life no longer being monitored - Acer Spin Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Life no longer being monitored - Acer Spin Laptop: I just did the latest Update to Windows 10 on my Acer Spin Laptop. It is no longer registering my battery life. I used it for almost 4 hours last night and it still showed 100%. Plus when I plugged it in, it didn't have the orange light for charging. It showed the blue...
  7. Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?

Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?: Hi, One of the change-logs for Windows 10 1909 talks about improvements in general battery life and power efficiency for devices with certain processors & introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores. I cannot...
  8. Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost: Microsoft is expected to announce Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) later this week and it’s practically going to be a service pack. Release Preview Ring Insiders have already been offered Windows 10 version 1909 and it will apparently roll out to all supported...
  9. Does RAM affect laptop battery life?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does RAM affect laptop battery life?: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...412W1BDT&psc=1 I have 8gb and considering upgrading to 16gb ram. I saw in this description, it reduces battery consumption by over 40%. I never heard of this. If anything, wouldn't more ram use more battery life of your battery?...
  10. Poor battery life after KB4512508 windows 10 update

Poor battery life after KB4512508 windows 10 update: Hi all, I am using a Microsoft surface pro 5 running Windows 10 1903 build 18362.295, updated on 28/8/2019 after receiving cumulative package KB4512508. Before the update, my battery life typically lasts on the average 5 hours and above. However, immediately after the...