Windows 10: battery low

Discus and support battery low in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I no longer get a on screen message telling me my battery is low at 15% and laptop shall shutdown shortly, cant find how to get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KennyBrown1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. battery low

I no longer get a on screen message telling me my battery is low at 15% and laptop shall shutdown shortly, cant find how to get this

:)

KennyBrown1, Feb 12, 2019

2. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    No low battery notif + abrupt shutdown

Hi Chris-Irina,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing the issue with no low battery notification.

If yes, it is possible that this issue happened due to configuration settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried checking if there's any pending updates?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by JohnSchoonover on this
    thread to troubleshoot your concern with no low battery notification.

If the issue still persists, we encourage you to submit a feedback or suggestion by following the steps on this
    link.
    We consider suggestions and comments provided by our users. These queries are being collated, reviewed, and can be considered for future updates.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

battery low

Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

battery low

1. battery low - Similar Threads - battery low

2. Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop with HDMI monitor: shuts down without low-battery warning: Hello, I replaced my laptop battery around two years ago because it was not working well any more. The new battery is not the "official" one, and it has a larger capacity. At the beginning, the battery level that Windows reported was not very accurate, but, honestly, I did...
  3. Low Battery Warning on Desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low Battery Warning on Desktop: My desktop gave me a low battery warning (not the one from bios at boot, but once logged into windows). It is plugged into wall outlet (US format - 120V AC). Found this...
  4. low performance when battery is disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low performance when battery is disconnected: Performance is reduced drastically when i disconnect my laptop battery, i have to disconnect it because its getting too swollen and i fear it will blow up. So, is windows reducing performance because its not detecting any battery? Or do my laptop needs the battery to perform...
  5. Low Battery - No more notification beep

Low Battery - No more notification beep: My HP laptop used to warn me when battery gets low - with a beep and a dimmed screen. But, now it doesn't. I am in the middle of work and it just shuts off. Does anyone know where to turn this notification back on? Thanks....
  6. Low battery visual notification with sound alert

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low battery visual notification with sound alert: How to run Low battery visual notification with sound alert? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-visual-notification-with-sound-alert/4fa7a11d-0eff-4144-ae06-84756f1d8422
  7. my battery notification when unplug an it gets low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery notification when unplug an it gets low: why my laptop stop showing me notification when my battery is low after it's unplug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-notification-when-unplug-an-it-gets-low/51f7b1ac-fc63-4f7f-a900-d7836afc73e5
  8. Computer not starting after Windows update was aborted due to low battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer not starting after Windows update was aborted due to low battery: I recently chose the "update and then shut down " option on my laptop. To then leave it and do something else. Only to find out later that the adapter was not connected and the laptop ran out of battery.... during the update process..... Now when I start my laptop nothing...
  9. Low battery warning wth new battery

Low battery warning wth new battery: When I boot up I get a "low battery" warning and soon after the computer shuts down. Interestingly, the shutdown only occurs once. I have replaced the CMOS battery twice....
  10. My laptop just closes down without notifying me tha the battery is running low. How do I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop just closes down without notifying me tha the battery is running low. How do I...: I get no notification when my battery is running low and the laptop just goes off. How do I set the notification to come on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-just-closes-down-without-notifying-me/8f463758-778b-4e15-897b-4b6ea1590da3