Windows 10: battery malfunction

Discus and support battery malfunction in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a few weeks now the battery of my dell notebook has not been fully charging. when the cursor is hovered over the battery icon the message 'plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GailR72, Oct 16, 2018.

1. GailR72 Win User

battery malfunction

For a few weeks now the battery of my dell notebook has not been fully charging. when the cursor is hovered over the battery icon the message 'plugged in, not charging' appears. I ran a battery check and the result is that the battery is functioning properly but needs to be calibrated. calibration requires fully charging the battery, which is not possible. The laptop is just over 2 years old. can anyone help?

:)

GailR72, Oct 16, 2018
  2. cheesy999 Win User

Your Battery High Scores?

yeah i can only guess it's not reading any value at all the full charge and design capacity drop in steps as the battery runs down

got a nice nine cell coming on tuesday so it doesn't really matter too much

cheesy999, Oct 16, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    laptop battery meter malfunctioning

It is possible this is an issue with a Windows Driver, to rectify this issue, please follow these steps

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2018
  4. battery malfunction

malfunctioning battery

while resetting my windows phone , my fell and my battery accidentally fell out , and now my battery is malfunctioning , what should I do?

JoyPannell, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

battery malfunction

1. battery malfunction - Similar Threads - battery malfunction

2. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  3. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  4. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  5. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  6. my battery not charge

my battery not charge: after last update my battery doesnt charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charge/855c1c29-6999-4ca0-851f-28f0bdfecfe9
  7. Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive: I recently bought a Mecer Desktop-Q10M13 in March and everything was fine till July, where I found out that my laptop couldn't fully boot without a charger, I wanted to try and fix it myself but don't know where to start, could someone assist me...
  8. Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive: I recently bought a Mecer Desktop-Q10M13 in March and everything was fine till July, where I found out that my laptop couldn't fully boot without a charger, I wanted to try and fix it myself but don't know where to start, could someone assist me...
  9. Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive

10. Battery Indicator Light Malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Indicator Light Malfunction: My laptop is ALWAYS connected to a power source. I do not operate it on battery power.. A few months ago a blinking amber light appeared on my indicator bar to inform me the battery power was low. The battery icon on the taskbar revealed 94% availability (plugged in)....