Windows 10: Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state

Discus and support Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all! I saw some reviews, did some research and ended up buying the Chuwi Lapbook 12.3. Everything seems to be working fine, except that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jfp555, Dec 19, 2017.

1. jfp555 Win User

Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state

Hey all!

I saw some reviews, did some research and ended up buying the Chuwi Lapbook 12.3.

Everything seems to be working fine, except that the laptop shows the battery at zero percent no matter what.

It does charge and has normal battery life, but the battery meter keeps displaying zero.

I updated everything, did the latest updates, and the problem persisted.

Then performed an updated BIOS update.

I then did a system reset (choosing to keep files), however, the battery still remains at 0. It does indicate when the charger is plugged in and charging, and when the charger is removed, it indicates that the charger is removed, and warns the battery is at 0 even though the laptop shows hours of normal battery life,just shuts off without warning whenever the battery runs out.

Is there any way to remedy this? I can't even identify whether this is a hardware or software issue.

Much thanks in advance.

:)

jfp555, Dec 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 battery meter shows time to fully charged 2 minutes @ 50%

I have a Toshiba P750 I7, the battery meter in Windows 10 shows 4 minutes to full charge when the battery is flat, 3 minutes @ 25% 3 minutes @ 50% 1 minute @ 75, I have just put a brand new original Toshiba battery in it as the old no name one wasn't charging
    properly the new battery seems to be charging Ok, how do I get the battery meter to display realistic times to full charge? by the way when running on the battery the meter gives a realistic indication of time remaining,

Richard

Richard15111950, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Battery (Plugged in, Charging) But Not Charging For Windows 10

This is insane! I bought this computer, new, HP,

It's a laptop, and has zero battery, plugged in, not charging, zero battery. I got it for traveling, because it's a 15 inch.

All these suggestions from windows 10 are absurd-

I have a laptop, and do not expect your software to destroy the usage of my portable device.

I am not a technician, and this machine is brand spanking new.

Is there really no solution to the destruction of the portability of my laptop from windows?

aquariusrizing, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state

It sounds like the battery regulator is broken or the BIOS is not reading the value of the battery. My advice is to claim warranty on the battery.

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 20, 2017
Thema:

Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state

1. Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state - Similar Threads - Battery Meter laptop

2. Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero: My laptop is msi Bravo 15. I know about the msi dragon center's charging modes this is not about that. My laptops battery is not charging . It is initially at 44% when I know about this issue. When I connect the adaptor the laptop doesn't use the battery it automatically use...
  3. Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero: My laptop is msi Bravo 15. I know about the msi dragon center's charging modes this is not about that. My laptops battery is not charging . It is initially at 44% when I know about this issue. When I connect the adaptor the laptop doesn't use the battery it automatically use...
  4. Battery is plugged in and charging, but stuck in zero and never charges above it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery is plugged in and charging, but stuck in zero and never charges above it.: I use my laptop updated to windows 10 to all of my online classes. It's quite a bit old, and its battery is nowadays stuck in zero, it says it's plugged in and charging but stuck at zero. I kindly request a solution to this prevailing problem as I'm a student and my laptop is...
  5. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery not charging: After the recent update KB4532695 my laptop battery has stopped charging. when I connect the directly to the power supply it briefly shows its charging then a few seconds later it stop. now I have to work with the laptop when its constantly connected to the power supply....
  6. New Laptop won't charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop won't charge battery: My brand new out of the box ASUS laptop shows 0% battery (not charging). This model ASUS has a non-removable battery. I checked the drivers and all seem up to date. Is this a known problem and is there a windows software fix for it?...
  7. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery not charging: This is yet another issue I am experiencing after the 1809 fall update, nothing else in my system has been changed other than the installation of the 1809 fall update, so I am confident it's at the root of the problem. Let me first state I never use my battery, ever, and it...
  8. laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery)

laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery): just got a new battery but when I installed it, I only get "plugged in not charging "message. my a/c adapter cord is about 3months old. phone call to computer store says my new battery is problemno good and this is common. anyone else hear of this? anyone have knowledge to...
  9. New Laptop Battery Not Charging

New Laptop Battery Not Charging: I have a Toshiba Satellite L550. The OEM battery was, at this point, eight years old and barely held a charge for more than 40 minutes if the AC adapter was unplugged. Went to a battery store today and got a replacement battery. I held my power button down while the AC was...
  10. New battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New battery not charging: I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run...