Windows 10: Battery mode customization gone in W10

Discus and support Battery mode customization gone in W10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Just to clarify, so that I can't have anybody saying "You're not updated", there you are: [ATTACH] I was really upset to see that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MGuy.21, Jan 18, 2019.

1. MGuy.21 Win User

Battery mode customization gone in W10

Hey everyone,

Just to clarify, so that I can't have anybody saying "You're not updated", there you are:

Battery mode customization gone in W10 1e845a14-0f16-45c3-be89-afdcd78c63ac?upload=true.png

I was really upset to see that the user-customizable slider for balancing performance and battery performance is gone. Previously, I was able to change modes between Best Battery (Battery Saver), Better Battery, Better Performance, and Best Performance. Now, I can't find that:

Battery mode customization gone in W10 109595e2-ecdc-4b24-829f-bb9de4495c4f?upload=true.png

It really was a very useful feature that helped. Sometimes, I needed the best performance out of my laptop for pure gaming. Other times, I needed a better battery life but not an excessive amount of throttling with Battery Saver, and other situations I really need the slider in have come to place.

Even going into Settings doesn't do anything:

Battery mode customization gone in W10 0f64e764-8f26-4c86-a0f6-f2dc508e51bf?upload=true.png

So I know it is gone for now. But the question is: is it coming back (pls) and if it's not, are there any alternatives for this feature?

It really really sucks because I often don't know what did Windows choose for me. Sometimes I hear the fan running for very simple tasks like replying to emails (laptop is fanless, Acer Aspire A515-51G) and this often happened when I turned on best performance for the fan to kick in. Other times, I find the computer in throttling and slight lag when I am working on a heavily-edited PPT, which sucks.

As consumers, I guess we are supposed to fully take control of our personal computers and choose what we need when we need it to.

:)

MGuy.21, Jan 18, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Battery

Thanks Kapil for the suggestion. I have akready gone through these steps, but the issue was not resolved. I will try to calibrate the battery (a brand new one!!!) to see if that will help,

bonnietohid, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Battery mode customization gone in W10

CANNOT CUSTOM PRINT SCALE in W10

HI:

Previous user of W7 and now user of W10. In W7 was able to CUSTOMIZE my print size. NOW, in W10, CANNOT SEEM TO DO THIS. Has this FEATURE been taken away or is there any other solution to W10 problems. Some areas I need to use print size of approx. 66% and
    also View my Print in PRINT PREVIEW. I CANT SEEM TO FIND that EXCELLENT FEATURE that was on W7 and seems to be gone on W10. I've Gone into more actions and select print, but again only find settings from Microsoft of which some of them I cannot use when I
    select the scale and it is preselected, none of which I can 'custom' as in W7.

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

Louis James, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Battery mode customization gone in W10

1. Battery mode customization gone in W10 - Similar Threads - Battery mode customization

2. How to customize battery alerts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize battery alerts?: I recently needed to replace my laptop battery and read that in order to best maintain my battery life, I should not fully charge my battery to 100%. How do I customize my battery alerts so that I get a notification when my un-plugged battery drops to 40% and also an alert to...
  3. How to customize battery alerts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to customize battery alerts?: I recently needed to replace my laptop battery and read that in order to best maintain my battery life, I should not fully charge my battery to 100%. How do I customize my battery alerts so that I get a notification when my un-plugged battery drops to 40% and also an alert to...
  4. How to customize battery alerts?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth and Battery Saver is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth and Battery Saver is gone: I was using my bluetooth speaker but it suddenly disconnected but as I was reconnecting it to my laptop, the bluetooth toggle for on and off was not doing anything and it just displayed that my bluetooth is off. I then tried to restart my laptop and now the shortcut for...
  6. Battery performance slider gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery performance slider gone: Idk if any of you know what I'm talking about but my laptop used to have a performance slider pop up when you click on the battery symbol in bottom right and now it's not there. How do I get it back? submitted by /u/MrBlurby [link] [comments]...
  7. The battery icon on the taskbar is gone

The battery icon on the taskbar is gone: My battery icon has gone missing for some reason, I can't turn it on either as you can see in the picture. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-icon-on-the-taskbar-is-gone/16ecac25-fc3f-40c3-8f5a-0cd8f81dda91
  8. W10 Customize system Properties

W10 Customize system Properties: Hello, I have a question, is it ok to change or customize the system properties of a windows operating system? like its manufacturer, support and also a customize added logo? did I violate any rules and regulations of Microsoft? btw my windows is licensed. thanks for...
  9. W10 Custom installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Custom installation: Hey, I've been looking for this for a while with no success, I can't find exactly what I want. Is there a way to create a bootable and installable iso of the current state of the system (with all my programs and settings) Installable like I would install a regular Windows...
  10. W10 Custom installation

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Custom installation: Hey, I've been looking for this for a while with no success, I can't find exactly what I want. Is there a way to create a bootable and installable iso of the current state of the system (with all my programs and settings) Installable like I would install a regular Windows...