Windows 10: battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in

Discus and support battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ever since I installed the new windows 10 the battery app keeps getting used until about 35% then the plug symbol turns on for a short while then goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stevegalli2, Dec 21, 2019.

1. battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in

ever since I installed the new windows 10 the battery app keeps getting used until about 35% then the plug symbol turns on for a short while then goes back to battery on mode I just wan't it to stay charged like it used to do before the laptop is allways plugged in.whats the problem

:)

stevegalli2, Dec 21, 2019

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 21, 2019
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Dec 21, 2019
  4. labeeman Win User

battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in

Battery status 100% fully charged

Nope not every laptop is designed that way Lenovo LT are not they will when plugged in will only charge when the battery is below a set percentage and then charge it to 100% then quit charging.

battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in [​IMG]

labeeman, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in

1. battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in - Similar Threads - battery mode wont

2. My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in: My windows 11 laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in ı tried troubleshooting but it didn't workı researched and checked the batteryreport with command prompt but that didn't do anything either...
  3. battery not fully charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not fully charging: hi, for like a week ago my laptop did not charge to 100%. Its like its stuck. its always on 3%, sometimes it goes up to 8% and goes down after i have turned off the pc. its so frustrating because i have home school, and i cant take the pc with me because the battery goes out....
  4. Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.

Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.: Hi guys, couple of months ago i bought a new gaming laptop that have a GTX1050 4gb graphic. But now a days I noticed that when i play heavy games like GTA V, Far cry 5, Resident evil 3 etc. my laptop is using battery power even I plugged in. When i do less power demanding...
  5. Laptop battery is not charging fully

Laptop battery is not charging fully: The battery of my new laptop is charging to 93-95%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-is-not-charging-fully/16e83c54-4ebe-4670-9d06-0fa257cdb6a2
  6. Battery not fully Charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery not fully Charging: Some Apps are affecting battery life and not fully charging what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-fully-charging/7671bb8e-bc7e-4adb-a937-5a87f3fe492c
  7. battery won't fully charge, plugged in but no charge, with only 60%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery won't fully charge, plugged in but no charge, with only 60%: I am traveling and want to charge my battery to 100%. Right now it is plugged in at 60% and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-fully-charge-plugged-in-but-no-charge/3e5c54ce-a064-4998-a915-31d67b611ad4
  8. Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging: I am using HP Pavillion Notebook with windows 10 home basic OS installed on it. It is now showing that power mode is plugged in but battery is still not charging. It is also not starting without any power source plugged in....
  9. Laptop Battery (plugged in ,but not charging)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery (plugged in ,but not charging): As title, the problem didn't go away even I tried a new battery. Any idea to solve this issue? Many thx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/laptop-battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging/336b6309-f4e9-4391-9b33-f4d7544fe139
  10. Laptop battery "Plugged in but not charging"

Laptop battery "Plugged in but not charging": Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga 500 and I started having problems with my charger not charging my laptop. I replaced the charger but the problem persisted. Now my laptop only runs when plugged in and the battery icon always displays "Plugged in not charging". When I click to expand...