Windows 10: Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2

Discus and support Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 and now the battery monitor doesn't recognize that I have a battery attached to my computer. I can pull the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bwelch2016, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2

I updated my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 and now the battery monitor doesn't recognize that I have a battery attached to my computer. I can pull the power cord and the computer keeps running, so I know the battery is functional, but the battery monitor in the Task Tray still says "No Battery Is Detected".

The Laptop is an Acer Aspire 7741Z. It is not in it's factory configuration. I have upgraded the ram from 3GB, to 8GB, the 320GB HDD to a 500GB SSD and the CPU from a Pentium P6000 to a Core i5 M 560. All of these upgrades were months ago and have not affected the battery monitor. The monitor worked until the upgrade to 20H2.

Any ideas of how I might fix this? I guess it really doesn't matter since the system still works with the battery, it would just be nice to see how much was remaining so I would know to get back to a power source.

:)

bwelch2016, Nov 26, 2020
  2. kiltbear Win User

Nokia battery monitor

@aref_b

Make sure you remove everything related to the Battery monitor in Settings|Application Management|installed Apps

• Battery Monitor Installer (left behind after install, another bug due to shoddy programming)
    • Battery Monitor
    • Battery Monitor Service
    After removing all that you should be able to redownload.

Note that 1.2 does NOT address any of the issues in 1.1

kiltbear, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 26, 2020
  4. andy3196 Win User

Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2

Nokia battery monitor

Also note that the Uninstallation instuctions, (under info tab) state that you should reboot before reinstalling.

andy3196, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2

1. Battery Monitor Problems After Installing 20H2 - Similar Threads - Battery Monitor Problems

2. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  3. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  4. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after installing 20H2: I just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops different models. I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have several on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates,...
  5. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after installing 20H2: just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops (different models). I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have two on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates, which...
  6. Installed 20h2 but could not install 2004. Is this a problem?

Installed 20h2 but could not install 2004. Is this a problem?: Hello, I could never get the 2004 update to install on my machine so I just kept putting it off. 2004 would get to 100% then say it failed after restarting a few times and then roll back. I believe I had 1909 before but I can't remember. In any case, 20H2 installed without...
  7. Problems after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...
  8. problem installing software in version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing software in version 20H2: Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and HW: Windows 10 Family Version 20H2 Version expl.sys 19042.630 Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.31.0 Intel(R)...
  9. windows 10 20h2 installing problems

windows 10 20h2 installing problems: i have a problem that when i click at the update button. It shows "getting things ready". then it took hours in completing 100%. then it get downloaded fast. Then it shows installing, after that when installing completed till 6% then again "getting things ready" was...
  10. Problem Getting 20H2 Installed

Problem Getting 20H2 Installed: Today my wife brought me her HP Envy laptop as I had asked her to let me know if she got the 20H2 update as I had a hard time getting it installed on my Omen Obelisk several weeks ago. So I look and there the 20H2 update was there waiting. So I clicked on download and...