Windows 10: Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update

Discus and support Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Afternoon My computer was updated this morning and now the battery is no longer charging at all. It states it is "plugged in" when connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SheenaRead, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update

Good Afternoon

My computer was updated this morning and now the battery is no longer charging at all.

It states it is "plugged in" when connected to mains power but is no longer charging.

How do I fix this problem?

:)

SheenaRead, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Akihiko Win User

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Thanks for the response, but the issue is not the battery or the laptop. It was charging and working fine prior to this most recent Windows 10 update.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. When the charger is plugged in, it just says "plugged in", but my battery has been at 2% for the past several hours. Obviously the charger is doing something since it's holding the 2% power, but it's not charging. There has to be some day to bypass whatever this update broke.

Akihiko, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update

1. Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Battery longer charging

2. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  3. HP battery won't charge after updates recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP battery won't charge after updates recently.: I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Computer does not recognize that it has a battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-wont-charge-after-updates-recently/b1ad0df3-20e7-40fd-b777-2c8884ed0438
  4. HP battery won't charge after updates recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP battery won't charge after updates recently.: I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Computer does not recognize that it has a battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-wont-charge-after-updates-recently/b1ad0df3-20e7-40fd-b777-2c8884ed0438
  5. battery no longer charges

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery no longer charges: i was messing with the plug last night and woke up to my laptop not booting so i plugged the cord back in and it started, but now on bootup the batter icon shows that its charging for like 10 seconds then pauses and wont charge. if i unplug the charging cord or anything...
  6. battery no longer charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery no longer charges: i was messing with the plug last night and woke up to my laptop not booting so i plugged the cord back in and it started, but now on bootup the batter icon shows that its charging for like 10 seconds then pauses and wont charge. if i unplug the charging cord or anything...
  7. battery no longer charges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Battery no longer charging after Windows 10 update Tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery no longer charging after Windows 10 update Tried everything: Hello all, First let me say that I'm at my whits end with this issue. I've tried everything, short of removing the battery; but that requires me to unscrew the bottom of my laptop in order to access the battery. You name it, I've tried it. I've contacted both my...
  9. Battery no longer charging after Windows 10 update Tried everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery no longer charging after Windows 10 update Tried everything: Hello all, First let me say that I'm at my whits end with this issue. I've tried everything, short of removing the battery; but that requires me to unscrew the bottom of my laptop in order to access the battery. You name it, I've tried it. I've contacted both my...
  10. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update: I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc). If I disable the...