Windows 10: Battery not charging above a certain level.

Discus and support Battery not charging above a certain level. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AakashMohan2010, May 16, 2022.

1. Battery not charging above a certain level.

Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the battery but it didn't workPlease help as this is my main laptop i use for everything.

:)

AakashMohan2010, May 16, 2022

2. Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop
    there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery

what should my next steps be?

- fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged?

- charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery?

- suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, May 16, 2022
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery not charging above a certain level. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 16, 2022
  4. Battery not charging above a certain level.

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery not charging above a certain level. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Battery not charging above a certain level.

1. Battery not charging above a certain level. - Similar Threads - Battery charging above

2. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging above a certain level.: Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the battery but it didn't workPlease help as this is my main laptop i use for everything....
  3. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging above a certain level.: Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the battery but it didn't workPlease help as this is my main laptop i use for everything....
  4. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  5. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  6. Battery is plugged in and charging, but stuck in zero and never charges above it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery is plugged in and charging, but stuck in zero and never charges above it.: I use my laptop updated to windows 10 to all of my online classes. It's quite a bit old, and its battery is nowadays stuck in zero, it says it's plugged in and charging but stuck at zero. I kindly request a solution to this prevailing problem as I'm a student and my laptop is...
  7. Battery charging level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging level: my battery is charging only upto 80% and i have followed your steps of resetting the power plan but no use in that.. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/39008675-046e-449c-b65a-54baca6c273f
  8. Restoring Battery Charging Level to 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restoring Battery Charging Level to 100%: How we change the battery charging level back to 100 % from the default 80%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-battery-charging-level-to-100/bfc075db-92b2-4221-9611-8369dad640db
  9. Battery charge level

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charge level: Hi, I have a question I wanted to ask about battery charge level. I support several client and I've been getting a lot of complains about laptops that are plugged in (and it shows as plugged in) but not charging. I suspect that at least in some of those cases that may not be...
  10. Battery charging level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging level: hello dear, I want to stop charging my battery when charging reached 80%. How i set this satting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/c5a9c2fb-7890-48eb-aaa2-1f089b0683d1