Windows 10: Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

Discus and support Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all I am facing a commonly reported problem battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RafaelRodriguez, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

Hi all

I am facing a commonly reported problem battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

I have been searching on internet and I already have performed these but the problem persist:

1. Shut down the laptop and unplug the power cable.
    2. Remove the battery, press Power button for 1 min
    3. Plug the power cable and power on laptop.
    4. Uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter and the two instances of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery from Device Manager
    5. Shut down the laptop and unplug the power cable.
    6. Put the battery back, plug in your laptop.
    7. Plug the power cable and power on laptop.

I checked pins on battery, no bent pins

Using "HP Support Assistance" application I verified the battery is OK.

Any suggestion how to effectively fix this problem? (My battery is already at 2%)

Thank you

:)

RafaelRodriguez, Apr 12, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10, HP laptop battery "plugged in, not charging"

After installing Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion g6-2197sa laptop, I have had problems charging the battery. The battery icon reports something like "79% available (plugged in, not charging)."

I can, sometimes, temporarily fix this problem by following these steps:

1. Shut down
    2. Remove battery
    3. Boot up on AC power
    4. Uninstall the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver
    5. Shut down
    6. Reinsert battery
    7. Reboot

However, I bought a new battery to see whether the issue lay with my original battery, and it worked fine for a while before it also succumbed to the issue. Now the new battery no longer charges even after repeating the above process. My original battery seems to charge temporarily after I repeat the above process.

I have further noticed that my AC light flashes continuously while plugged in, whether the laptop is on or off, which it never used to do.

Also, note that the battery never charges, now matter how low the available remaining power gets - my problem doesn't appear (to me) to be a feature designed to prolong battery life.

I would really like to fix this problem permanently but am completely stumped. Cheers!

Ninjakannon, Apr 12, 2019
  4. gordon99 Win User

Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Thought I would give an update on plugged in - not charging problem on my Dell Laptop E5420.
    For some days now while using this laptop I have left it plugged into the AC Adapter with the battery showing 100% charge. This morning, on opening up, I noticed the battery was showing 92%. On inspection I found I had disconnected the AC Adapter in error the previous evening, so I reconnected it. Immediately the battery started to charge.
    I switched the laptop off and back on pressing key F2 to find that, although charging the battery the AC Adapter was still shown as unknown. I switched the laptop off again and this time I pressed key F12, after switching on, to get into diagnostics. I found that, although the battery was again charging, the 130 watt Adapter power was still shown as 1 watt.
    I am mentioning all this just to demonstrate how a Dell Adapter can be working perfectly well even when not recognised by the PC it is powering. I am hoping the plugged in-not charging message is a thing of the past, not to be repeated, but I won't hold my breath.

gordon99, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

1. Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w - Similar Threads - Battery charging message

2. Battery plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery plugged in not charging: I purchased a new battery just recently due to thinking the original was shot. When I put the new one in I was so excited that I was able to unplug my unit and it was still running. I later noticed that it stated "plugged in, not charging" and I have tried everything I could...
  3. battery not charging, plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    battery not charging, plugged in: battery not charging, plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-plugged-in/88491c52-331c-44b9-b54f-e250c0d5d1e9
  4. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  5. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  6. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  7. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: Is it an option to return to windows 7 (as original when I purchaced my laptop) as I constantly get "battery plugged in not charging" since upgrading to Windows 10...
  8. battery plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in not charging: Since installing Window 10, I have a message "plugged in not charging" as it would do seem many other users, is there a problem with Windows 10 ? I have surfed the web and found my problem is very common, but to resolve the issue is all but impossible. There are many many...
  9. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  10. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my elitebook will not charge?

2. hp elitebook plugged in not charging

3. HP elitebook 8460 will not charge with windows 10

4. elitebook will not charge,
  5. plugged in not charging hp windows 10 elitebook,
  6. windows 10 plugged in battery non charrging,
  7. windows 10 battery not charging hp,
  8. hp elitbook 8570w not charging,
  9. elitebook charging issues,
  10. how to get hp elitebook to charge battery,
  11. hp elite book how to charge battery,