Windows 10: Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord.

Discus and support Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Battery not charging in dell insprion,have new battery and power cord?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuannaMccallop, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord.

Battery not charging in dell insprion,have new battery and power cord?

:)

LuannaMccallop, Aug 4, 2018
  2. curt jugg Win User

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Aug 4, 2018
  3. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Aug 4, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord.

Dell 7532 Battery will not charge. bought new battery same thing

• Go to Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Expand the Batteries section
    • Right click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall
    • Close Device Manager and Reboot

If the above does not work, then it is probably the power lead (adapter). Dell systems are very particular, if it detects the wrong adapter it will not charge the battery. This can happen in error even when the correct power adapter is connected, please
    try the solution below:

• Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet
    • Disconnect any external peripherals connected to the Laptop
    • Remove the battery. Refer to the User Manual of the Laptop for instructions on how to remove the battery.

If the Dell laptop has a non-removable battery, skip this step
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds to drain a residual power from the Laptop
    • Connect the battery
    • Plug the AC adapter to the Laptop
    • Turn on the Laptop

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord.

1. Battery not charging in my Dell insprion11. Have put in new battery and new power cord. - Similar Threads - Battery charging Dell

2. got new battery ,.....still not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    got new battery ,.....still not charging: battery is new second one . Ive had this problem all along . Ive tried a few things ….taking the battery out and resetting the drivers . how do I get my Dellisperion touch screen to charge this new battery?....
  3. New Laptop won't charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop won't charge battery: My brand new out of the box ASUS laptop shows 0% battery (not charging). This model ASUS has a non-removable battery. I checked the drivers and all seem up to date. Is this a known problem and is there a windows software fix for it?...
  4. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.: My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to the point that it will shutdown because of low battery even though it is plugged in. Battery will then charge. Icon bar at...
  5. Brand new battery plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand new battery plugged in, not charging: I have a hp envy dv6 notebook. I put in a brand new battery 24hrs ago and it still says plugged in, not charging. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brand-new-battery-plugged-in-not-charging/d14bf268-3619-426e-9281-bd334b9f5f2f
  6. laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery)

laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery): just got a new battery but when I installed it, I only get "plugged in not charging "message. my a/c adapter cord is about 3months old. phone call to computer store says my new battery is problemno good and this is common. anyone else hear of this? anyone have knowledge to...
  7. New Laptop Battery Not Charging

New Laptop Battery Not Charging: I have a Toshiba Satellite L550. The OEM battery was, at this point, eight years old and barely held a charge for more than 40 minutes if the AC adapter was unplugged. Went to a battery store today and got a replacement battery. I held my power button down while the AC was...
  8. Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,: As stated new battery fitted, message appears "plugged in not charging" Ihave searched the web for answers, but nothing seems to work, any ideas?...
  9. Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected)

Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected): Hi, I have Dell ispiron 5537 , i5 CPU , 6GB Memory. My battery suddenly stops charging. And in bios it say not dell type battery. And if i turn on my computer than it says not charging. Is there any way to fix this battery issue? 31397
  10. New battery not charging

New battery not charging: I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run...