Windows 10: Battery not charging message in error

Discus and support Battery not charging message in error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Subsequent to a recent Windows 10 update i have been getting an error message telling me my battery is not charging via USB port, check cables,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StuartHaas, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Battery not charging message in error

Subsequent to a recent Windows 10 update i have been getting an error message telling me my battery is not charging via USB port, check cables, etc.....problem is it IS charging.....the battery life is not as good for whatever reason (although i understand there was a CPU glitch in the August update).....bottom line - is anyone else seeing this message and have you found a way to address it?...thank you.

:)

StuartHaas, Sep 23, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Sep 23, 2019
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Battery not charging message in error

battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Battery not charging message in error

1. Battery not charging message in error - Similar Threads - Battery charging message

2. battery charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charging: my pc dell battery charging upto 70% only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging/52c47887-f659-4661-9fb9-47e98c4ac310
  3. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging: hello, today something went wrong, i don't know why. the battery is not charging, i plugged in for at least 5hours today But nothing is happening. and when i removed the charger the laptop shut down, i mean got locked. indicator showing 0% charging....
  4. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9
  5. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  6. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  7. Battery is not charging

Battery is not charging: I have a laptop with Windows 10 at this moment the battery is not charging the cable is plugged in, the battery appears with 8% but doesn't charge more than that 8% I can't be with the cable plugged in all the time...
  8. Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging

Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging: Hi, I am getting some odds messages: 1. USB charger is connected to my Laptop and it is charging the battery, however, I received a message "PC is not charging". I got this message and then restarted my laptop. 2. After restarted I have plugged the charger again and...
  9. battery not charging message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging message: HOW DO I CURE THE BATTERY NOT CHARGING MESSAGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-message/cb5d68ad-8e19-4af9-ac2d-dd8f4c6e457b
  10. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: Hi. My battery is plugged in and not charging. I switched plug in outlets and did the un plug plug in, I also took the battery out and put it back in. The power cord has changed shape, it is twisting in circles. Do you think the power may have fried my laptops battery...