Windows 10: Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected)

Discus and support Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have Dell ispiron 5537 , i5 CPU , 6GB Memory. My battery suddenly stops charging. And in bios it say not dell type battery. And if i turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tech2822, Nov 24, 2015.

1. tech2822 Win User

Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected)

Hi,

I have Dell ispiron 5537 , i5 CPU , 6GB Memory.
    My battery suddenly stops charging. And in bios it say not dell type battery.
    And if i turn on my computer than it says not charging.

Is there any way to fix this battery issue?

:)

tech2822, Nov 24, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Dell 7532 Battery will not charge. bought new battery same thing

• Go to Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Expand the Batteries section
    • Right click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall
    • Close Device Manager and Reboot

If the above does not work, then it is probably the power lead (adapter). Dell systems are very particular, if it detects the wrong adapter it will not charge the battery. This can happen in error even when the correct power adapter is connected, please
    try the solution below:

• Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet
    • Disconnect any external peripherals connected to the Laptop
    • Remove the battery. Refer to the User Manual of the Laptop for instructions on how to remove the battery.

If the Dell laptop has a non-removable battery, skip this step
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds to drain a residual power from the Laptop
    • Connect the battery
    • Plug the AC adapter to the Laptop
    • Turn on the Laptop

DaveM121, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Battery not detected after upgrade to Windows 10

Clean 'Windows 10 Pro' install is detecting the only battery (Battery 1Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected) :) as Battery 2: and shows

Battery 1: Not present

Battery 2: xx% and charging.

System seems to work OK and charging normal, maybe not an issue but 'Windows 7 Pro' shows batteries correctly. Will continue looking for a solution.

Dell Latitude E6440 (late 2015 model)

Chris F. H. suggestion works until reboot then Windows 10 incorrectly lists batteries again.

-Go to Device Manager (Win Key + x), select Device manager

-Expand the "Batteries" entry in the device list

-Right click, and then click "Uninstall" on each battery showing as installed.

-Right click again on "Batteries", and click "Scan for hardware changes."

MartinRabson, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected)

1. Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected) - Similar Threads - Battery Charging Non

2. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  3. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  4. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. battery charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery charging: my laptop battery is plugged in but does not charge more than 1% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging/4db49a19-6689-45ba-8c65-42d64de07e1d
  6. Non Lenovo battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Support
    Non Lenovo battery plugged in but not charging: I have just purchased a new non Lenovo battery but its not charging. please help. I am running windows 10 and my Laptop is a Lenovo v570. kind regards - - - Updated - - - 1.- unistall battery drivers 2.- turn off laptop 3.- unplug power 4. remove battery 5. plug battery...
  7. battery charge

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charge: how to set battery to start at 20% and cut out at 80% as recommended by the battery manufacture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charge/1d7bc610-c7e1-4c29-8745-54d99e238bae
  8. charging battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    charging battery: My battery shows 95% and it tell me can not charging, who can answer my question? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-battery/16c1f46a-a191-4f15-aeed-38c2e5c529cd
  9. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging: My HP Envy Notebook is plugged in but not charging,. It's at 70% available, which goes down each time I use it. What is going on and what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/80448dbf-4f87-4d2f-8e99-7ebdbc79cfbe"
  10. Battery Not Charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Not Charging: I can only use the device when it is plugged in. When it is plugged in the battery does not charge. Any thoughts?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/battery-not-charging/7e06487d-7892-4c79-9c89-877cc844d322