Windows 10: battery not charging

Discus and support battery not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This all started with the may 2017 windows version , I believe it was the 900 version of windows 10 (you know the fake version that messed up a select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fester_1, Dec 15, 2018.

1. fester_1 Win User

battery not charging

This all started with the may 2017 windows version , I believe it was the 900 version of windows 10 (you know the fake version that messed up a select number of computers) Since that time in june and july of 2017 i used the device manager to uninstall the battery components and shutdown and it worked twice before the powers that be at government soft stopped that. What happens is it only uninstalls it out of the list on the device manager .It does not seem to actually unistall anything. This can be seen when you hit scan for hardware changes and it shows right back up.(fake uninstall)

I will not be buying a new battery ever ! If government soft would like to send me a battery that would be great.Ha

device type battery manufacturer microsoft 6/21/2006 driver date(xpsp3,vista) 10.0.17134.1 driver version ,digital signer microsoft.

Reason i included the specs is i seen last year someone from amesterdam had this problem and it was a football competition from microsoft and hp as to who is libel for the software ,with no one fixing any dam thing .With microsoft crying it is not my fault it is a bias operating system malfunction and then hp saying it is a microsoft driver.

That is fine give me the direction in the regedit program and i will fix it myself.

:)

fester_1, Dec 15, 2018
  2. curt jugg Win User

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Battery won't charge to 100%, even though it says it did

The Sm@rtA$$ suggestion would be to replace the battery *Wink and to be totally honest that is the only surefire solution, Batteries have a usage life as well as a shelf life (which can mean that if a battery is stocked for a long time before first use you could already be part way down the road to failure.

There are methods to condition some older types of battery (NiCad), which tends to build up a charge memory if the users charges the battery too much - Ni-Cad batteries should be allowed to run down to almost no charge regularly to prevent this and following a similar but exaggerated system can work to reverse the issue -

Ni-Cad Conditioning

• Fully charge the battery
    • Leave the device running at a high load, [Playing Video / music / encoding a video, (that you can afford to lose], after you switch off all battery saving options so that you can actually get to a situation that the battery gets so low that the device shuts down - leave for half an hour and try again as sometime the battery can "regain" access to more power reserve
    • Fully Charge the battery
    • Repeat This several times and also perform this action Once at least once a month

NImH batteries are supposedly immune to these issues but it can sometimes happen and the above routine may help but is just as likely to not do anything

The basic issue here is that a battery is a chemical reaction based device and the chemical reaction is reversible, (charging) only a set number of times ( you will often see very small print on rechargeable batteries stating an approximate number of charge cycles possible), the problem is that switching the device on when plugged into the mains supply is treated by the battery as a charge cycle. Some laptops will allow you to remove the battery and use it as a normal mains device - some will not - if you have to have the battery in place to use the laptop then don't plug it in if you can as this will actually improve overall battery life, both per charge and over the full life of the battery

Barman58, Dec 15, 2018
  4. battery not charging

battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

battery not charging

1. battery not charging - Similar Threads - battery charging

2. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  3. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  4. my battery not charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery not charge: after last update my battery doesnt charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charge/855c1c29-6999-4ca0-851f-28f0bdfecfe9
  5. my battery not charge

my battery not charge: after last update my battery doesnt charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charge/855c1c29-6999-4ca0-851f-28f0bdfecfe9
  6. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...
  7. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...
  8. Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.: Laptop I have is gigabyte aero 15kc with i7 10870h + rtx 3060. I reset my battery manually and made sure that no apps use dGPU. Checked usage in task menager and nothing is drawing significant power. Currently I have 6 tabs open and charge rate is -30841mW... This is all on...
  9. Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.

Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.: Laptop I have is gigabyte aero 15kc with i7 10870h + rtx 3060. I reset my battery manually and made sure that no apps use dGPU. Checked usage in task menager and nothing is drawing significant power. Currently I have 6 tabs open and charge rate is -30841mW... This is all on...
  10. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....