Windows 10: Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor

Discus and support Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Sony Vaio VPCSB190x model laptop and currently running Microsoft windows 10. I have been facing issue with my laptop battery for last 4 months.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Himanshu_7154, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor

I have Sony Vaio VPCSB190x model laptop and currently running Microsoft windows 10. I have been facing issue with my laptop battery for last 4 months. On the taskbar, it shows battery icon with the cross on it and when I hover mouse, it says battery not detected. I have tried removing the battery and placing it back. In fact I have tried everything that I could find on online forums. I checked the device manager and I can see that the driver Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control method battery is missing. I did see a few forums where it was suggested to uninstall and then reinstall the driver. But, in my case I am not even seeing this driver. Is there a way that I can download the driver. I tried searching on Sony vaio website, but could not find anything that could help me.

:)

Himanshu_7154, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Dr pi Win User

Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor

I'm using a Dell Precision 6100 laptop

Running Windows 10 Pro

The battery is fully charged

The battery/power indicator light is flashing on the laptop.

If I unplug the power adaptor, the laptop instantly turns off.

All drivers are up to date.

I've shutdown & restarted, also removed battery and tried to power up.

I've run "troubleshooters" but no fault detected.

Any help is appreciated.

Dr pi, Mar 11, 2019
  3. noclark1 Win User
    Windows 10 - Laptop battery drainage while shutdown and unpluged

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The laptop battery is now draining 20% overnight when the laptop is shutdown and unplugged. With Windows 7 the battery drainage was negligible (even over a week). The laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Type 1143-3FU. The Thinkpad has a red light which glows while on. After shutdown it now flashes a few times after shutdown before stopping (rather than just going out) which indicates to me that something is still running, but I do not know what. The laptop battery is good. The computer does not appear to be hibernating because when I start the computer it shows the Lenovo screen first thing. Any suggestions?

noclark1, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor

Cannot install Windows 10 due to wifi adaptor

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for posting your response.

As you have stated that your computer is stuck in the splash screen after the first boot, I would suggest that you power down your computer and then restart the system and check. To do so follow the steps below.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

if you roll back to the previous Window, you can also try to install the latest drivers for your wifi adaptor and check if it helps you proceed with the installation. The above issue that you are facing is due to the wifi adaptor, and I recommend that
    you contact the manufacturer of the device that is Broadcom to check for compatibility.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor

1. Battery not detected and laptop shutsdown on unplugging adaptor - Similar Threads - Battery detected laptop

2. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  3. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  4. BATTERY CHARGING UNPLUGED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BATTERY CHARGING UNPLUGED: when my laptop is unpluged, it is charging, pls tell how to fix thisit's unpluged, but still charginghelp me plsssss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-unpluged/39b495d3-046c-49e4-8bba-d2f9d0a09430
  5. BATTERY CHARGING UNPLUGED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BATTERY CHARGING UNPLUGED: when my laptop is unpluged, it is charging, pls tell how to fix thisit's unpluged, but still charginghelp me plsssss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-unpluged/39b495d3-046c-49e4-8bba-d2f9d0a09430
  6. Laptop shutsdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutsdown: I am facing few issues in my W10 laptop Ilife Zed.1Without pressing power button when I put for charging,laptop will turn on and shutdown within 2 sec. 2 To turn on laptop at least I need to hold power button for 15sec otherwise it will shutdown.Initially it keeps turning off...
  7. Headset not detected if unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not detected if unplugged: So recently I've noticed a particular issue with my laptop and my Turtle Beach headset.If I unplug my headset for any reason and then proceed to plug it back in, the laptop will not detect it. I haven't the faintest clue what is causing this as my windows 10 is up to date and...
  8. Laptop shutsdown on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutsdown on its own: I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but i got a Laptop which went off on its own a couple times , it was during a gaming session on League of legends just to be precise and right after i did the update that same dayit happened just in the early mornings...
  9. The battery of my laptop is not detected

The battery of my laptop is not detected: The battery of my laptop ACER Aspire E 15 is not getting detected even after I installed a new battery. What could be the possible cause for this problem? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop

No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop: I have a recently purchased ASUS laptop as mentioned in title, and there seems to be issue after issue. As mentioned in a previous thread, I had problems with my sound card popping a crackling. After updating my BIOS drivers, this fixed the problem. Now I have a new...