Windows 10: Battery not working

Discus and support Battery not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is shutting down as soon as the charger is removed. When I plugged in the charger the battery status starts showing as if it's charging. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zathuran, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Zathuran Win User

Battery not working

My laptop is shutting down as soon as the charger is removed. When I plugged in the charger the battery status starts showing as if it's charging. It's just an one year old Dell Laptop.

:)

Zathuran, Jul 12, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery not working pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery not working pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Battery not working

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Battery not working

1. Battery not working - Similar Threads - Battery working

2. Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...: My model is FA617NS. My screen freezes whenever my dgpu is driving the display and power is not plugged in after downloading from AMD website. I plug it back in and after about 30 sec it works just fine....
  3. Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...: My model is FA617NS. My screen freezes whenever my dgpu is driving the display and power is not plugged in after downloading from AMD website. I plug it back in and after about 30 sec it works just fine....
  4. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  5. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  6. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  7. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  8. My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working: I own a VivoBook ASUS Laptop E410MA which immediately shuts down once I unplug it, and when it's turned off and unplugged actually looses some battery. Besides that, the Wi-Fi is constantly not working and I have to restart either the adaptator or the computer altogether.What...
  9. My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working

My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working: I own a VivoBook ASUS Laptop E410MA which immediately shuts down once I unplug it, and when it's turned off and unplugged actually looses some battery. Besides that, the Wi-Fi is constantly not working and I have to restart either the adaptator or the computer altogether.What...
  10. Battery Usage option not working

Battery Usage option not working: The Settings app crashes when I change the battery usage from 24 hours to 7 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-usage-option-not-working/73387482-0d83-4498-bbbd-3d9b7f8c67d5