Windows 10: Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

Discus and support Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I have enabled all the power saving features, in the system settings, even in the Intel app. However, the charge only hold for 1h 30m max. Usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Default_969, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

Hi. I have enabled all the power saving features, in the system settings, even in the Intel app. However, the charge only hold for 1h 30m max. Usually the charge must hold about 3-4 hours. I have the "Balanced" power scheme turned on, but I even tried "Energy saving" scheme, still the same. Could there be a problem with the drivers related? I downloaded everything from the ASUS website. I even tried contact to ASUS support, but they're recommended contact to Microsoft.

And there a little bit info about capacity: Estimated capacity 42082, Last full charge 30055

Laptop: ASUS X510UQ

:)

Default_969, Apr 5, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

1. Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max - Similar Threads - Battery laptop holds

2. Laptop not holding charge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not holding charge?: So I tried charging my school laptop for about a hour or so, 0%. It still booted up but would just go black when it died. I am on a lenovo computer and a lot of stuff is not allowed by my school. I attempted to use Windows key + X and selecting device manager to update my...
  3. Laptop not holding charge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not holding charge?: So I tried charging my school laptop for about a hour or so, 0%. It still booted up but would just go black when it died. I am on a lenovo computer and a lot of stuff is not allowed by my school. I attempted to use Windows key + X and selecting device manager to update my...
  4. Laptop not holding charge?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

Laptop Battery charge only to 45%: Hi,I have HP Omen 15-ce007 and I change my battery, but the new battery only charge to 45%. I use battery infoview and in report is stated that the battery health is 100%. I use HP original battery.Please help, ThanksRegards, Bostjan...
  6. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery charge only to 45%: Hi,I have HP Omen 15-ce007 and I change my battery, but the new battery only charge to 45%. I use battery infoview and in report is stated that the battery health is 100%. I use HP original battery.Please help, ThanksRegards, Bostjan...
  7. Laptop Battery charge only to 45%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 99% battery "3 minutes to fully charged" .. for 1 hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    99% battery "3 minutes to fully charged" .. for 1 hour: Wondering what is causing this ? Can anyone help me ? Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0h8oa/99_battery_3_minutes_to_fully_charged_for_1_hour/
  9. battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge: help w/ batt. charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-will-not-charge-on-laptop-red-light/af8dfac7-b2d7-42de-912a-4bde125570f9
  10. How many hours on 1 battery charge

How many hours on 1 battery charge: I have an Dell Inspiron laptop and after each charge, the battery indicator may show anywhere fron 1 1/2 hours to over 3 hours. This session, I've been on for about 40 mintes and the battery indicator is showing that I have 3 hours and 17 minutes left (the most ever). I've...