Windows 10: Battery only charging in sleep mode

Discus and support Battery only charging in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have not added or changed any software, and now my laptop battery only charges in sleep mode. I have spent some time with Microsoft Support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SherriRegier, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Battery only charging in sleep mode

I have not added or changed any software, and now my laptop battery only charges in sleep mode.

I have spent some time with Microsoft Support remotely checking my laptop, but they were unable to resolve it.

If there possibly a fix that not all support knows about, this has to have been caused by a Windows update.

I have an HP Envy, their forums do not have any solutions

:)

SherriRegier, Nov 5, 2018
  2. curt jugg Win User

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Keager Win User
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Battery only charging in sleep mode

Battery only charging in sleep mode

I have not added or changed any software, and now my laptop battery only charges in sleep mode.

I have spent some time with Microsoft Support remotely checking my laptop, but they were unable to resolve it.

If there possibly a fix that not all support knows about, this has to have been caused by a Windows update.

I have an HP Envy, their forums do not have any solutions

SherriRegier, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Battery only charging in sleep mode

1. Battery only charging in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Battery charging sleep

2. battery only charging to 60%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery only charging to 60%: battery om a ASUS X515 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-only-charging-to-60/d82eada7-e01c-4f4f-9a3a-def266f71e44
  3. battery only charging to 60%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery only charging to 60%: battery om a ASUS X515 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-only-charging-to-60/d82eada7-e01c-4f4f-9a3a-def266f71e44
  4. Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode: My HP 15 Laptop PC will only charge if closed or in sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? It is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-only-charge-if-closed-or-in-sleep-mode/87a0f04f-0e32-452f-99e7-c28da88fc8c0
  5. Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode

Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode: My HP 15 Laptop PC will only charge if closed or in sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? It is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-only-charge-if-closed-or-in-sleep-mode/87a0f04f-0e32-452f-99e7-c28da88fc8c0
  6. Not charging in sleep mode

Not charging in sleep mode: Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone knows about it ? Thanks ....
  7. Not charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not charging in sleep mode: Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone knows about it ? Thanks ....
  8. Not charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Battery Only Charging To 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Only Charging To 60%: My Battery Will Only Charge To 60% Because Yesterday I Had A Pop Up About My Battery Settings And I Switched For It To Only Charge To 60% I Would Like To Know How To Make It Charge To 100% Again...
  10. Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes: Can someone confirm if, when my laptop lid is shut but mains charger plugged in, battery charging still continues - either when in sleep or hibernation mode? (My settings are currently set to "sleep" when lid is closed.) Second, what is the difference between sleep and...