Windows 10: Battery Optimization Query

Discus and support Battery Optimization Query in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new Acer Aspire E5-576G laptop. I use it every day 3-7 hours, all on battery. I am amazed at the battery life. Ok, so at the end of the day, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by compiler7, Aug 8, 2019.

1. compiler7 Win User

Battery Optimization Query

I have a new Acer Aspire E5-576G laptop. I use it every day 3-7 hours, all on battery. I am amazed at the battery life.
    Ok, so at the end of the day, I plug it in overnight.
    Some nights the battery is still at say 70% when I plug it in.
    Am I better off letting it discharge for another day, say to 25% before plugging it in?
    In other words, is there an optimum charging strategy to maximize/preserve battery life?

Mel

:)

compiler7, Aug 8, 2019

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Battery Optimization Query

Optimizing WINRE DRV on ideapad 100s

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to optimizing your drive, Optimizing WINRE DRV?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to perform
      optimizing your drive?
    As per your query, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Battery Optimization Query

1. Battery Optimization Query - Similar Threads - Battery Optimization Query

2. optimized battery charging for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optimized battery charging for windows 11: how do i set my maximum battery charge from 100% to 80% on windows 11. I want to change my power plan on my windows 11 pc. i need a step by step approach to this. thank you...
  3. optimized battery charging for windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optimized battery charging for windows 11: how do i set my maximum battery charge from 100% to 80% on windows 11. I want to change my power plan on my windows 11 pc. i need a step by step approach to this. thank you...
  4. Battery Optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Optimization: Hello everyone, and BIG THANKS for all those who've helped me and I did not say thank you to them : I bought a new battery for my Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1 and want to extend its life as much as possible. I read the the charge should be always between 20 to 80%, no more and no...
  5. Battery Optimization

Battery Optimization: Hello everyone, and BIG THANKS for all those who've helped me and I did not say thank you to them : I bought a new battery for my Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1 and want to extend its life as much as possible. I read the the charge should be always between 20 to 80%, no more and no...
  6. Battery Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Battery Life Query

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Life Query: Hi! I have a new Acer Aspire A514-53G, I just want to ask if it is normal that the battery life is just 1-2 hours even if the battery saver option is turned on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-query/a846f274-56c1-45f0-98f2-2beaf35e0ad2
  8. Microsoft Authenticator battery optimize?

Microsoft Authenticator battery optimize?: Battery optimization on Android would affect to recover notification to approve logins? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-battery-optimize/08978ad3-e5c1-4de2-97b7-7322ec1de3b1
  9. Battery Charging queries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Charging queries: t remain confused over a specific issue ---- is the battery damaged by leaving it connected after full charge, and / or by running it down to near zero? Addvice given by well informed authors of articles contradict one another, in particular regarding 'over charging'. Some...
  10. battery life and optimization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life and optimization: 1. what are the best settings for battery optimization? 2. why does my battery die when I have the computer plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-and-optimization/543cc120-d6a3-451a-ac37-e0c6ba374cd4