Windows 10: Battery Optimization Query

Discus and support Battery Optimization Query in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new Acer Aspire E5-576G laptop. I use it every day 3-7 hours, all on battery. I am amazed at the battery life. Ok, so at the end of the day, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by compiler7, Aug 8, 2019.

1. compiler7 Win User

Battery Optimization Query

I have a new Acer Aspire E5-576G laptop. I use it every day 3-7 hours, all on battery. I am amazed at the battery life.
    Ok, so at the end of the day, I plug it in overnight.
    Some nights the battery is still at say 70% when I plug it in.
    Am I better off letting it discharge for another day, say to 25% before plugging it in?
    In other words, is there an optimum charging strategy to maximize/preserve battery life?

Mel

:)

compiler7, Aug 8, 2019

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Battery Optimization Query

Optimizing WINRE DRV on ideapad 100s

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to optimizing your drive, Optimizing WINRE DRV?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to perform
      optimizing your drive?
    As per your query, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Battery Optimization Query

1. Battery Optimization Query - Similar Threads - Battery Optimization Query

2. optimize

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    optimize: unable to optimize disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optimize/1615f70e-5cb2-410d-a41a-12f23986720e
  3. battery life and optimization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life and optimization: 1. what are the best settings for battery optimization? 2. why does my battery die when I have the computer plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-and-optimization/543cc120-d6a3-451a-ac37-e0c6ba374cd4
  4. query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    query: sir I am using window 10 pro and I daily seen a notification of window update. Please let me know how would I disable it permanently.I use internet on this windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/query/8be5d6b5-70dd-4aac-9373-9cc10896381f
  5. A quick query

in Windows 10 Customization
    A quick query: In the Control Panel > Colour Management it has settings for gamma brightness etc etc and the font stuff too. Now what i would like to know is why when I set mine to what I find comfortable and easy to read the next time I start the machine those settings have gone back to...
  6. A quick query

in Browsers and Email
    A quick query: Have obviously touched something but heck knows what see pic how can I revert the darn windows please. 92873
  7. Query

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Query: Query Query Query Query Query 26801
  8. Unconventional query?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unconventional query?: OK, I am new here. We recently purchased an RCA tablet that had Win10 on it.Personally I do not consider it a *good* thing. Win10, that is. Though we have a Win7 machine here, most of my network is WinXP/Linux. What I want to do is remove as much of M$ as possible from win10...
  9. Quick query

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick query: I just found this article How to Disable SMBv1 and Protect Your Windows PC From Attack and checked my settings and he box is still ticked so should I uncheck that box for file sharing?? 92087
  10. Queries

in Windows 10 Support
    Queries: I am planning to upgrade from 8.1 Retail to the preview 10162version. 1.The activation will be kept intact and I don't need a key rite? 2.Also can I update to the official 10 after it is released from the preview? 7718