Windows 10: battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu

Discus and support battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to add the battery percentage to the quick setting menu? I show it on my SP8 but not on my SP6.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DeeKay_707, Oct 19, 2021.

1. battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu

Does anyone know how to add the battery percentage to the quick setting menu? I show it on my SP8 but not on my SP6.

:)

DeeKay_707, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 19, 2021
  4. battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu

Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%

Hi everyone,

For the last 6 months or so, I have noticed that y Surface Pro 6 (with Windows 10 Enterprise) is not charging beyond 68%. Its says 'plugged in' but does not charge the battery. It also gets very hot, feels like the battery is resisting
    the charge or something. The fan is also turned on.

I have performed the following actions:

• Removed the Microsoft ACPI battery and reinstalled it
    • Changed the surface charger to a colleagues' one

Both did not help.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Warm Regards,

Shiv

***Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures***

ShivaramVenkatesh, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu

1. battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu - Similar Threads - battery percentage Surface

2. My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced: So my Surface Pro 6 battery wasn’t charging so we sent it out to Microsoft and they replaced it. That obviously got rid of everything I had including pictures and Minecraft worlds. Is there any way I can get that stuff back or is it good as gone?...
  3. My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Surface Pro 6 Battery needed to be replaced: So my Surface Pro 6 battery wasn’t charging so we sent it out to Microsoft and they replaced it. That obviously got rid of everything I had including pictures and Minecraft worlds. Is there any way I can get that stuff back or is it good as gone?...
  4. battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery percentage on Surface Pro 6 Win11 not showing in quick setting menu: Does anyone know how to add the battery percentage to the quick setting menu? I show it on my SP8 but not on my SP6. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage-on-surface-pro-6-win11-not/1f42622a-5684-4604-8a0a-23d6fe4e0f1a
  5. Start menu access on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu access on Surface Pro 6: Recently I upgraded from Surface Pro 3 to Pro 6. I have a slight problem with the location of the start menu icon. On my Pro 3 there was a haptic start menu button on the right side of the screen, which was very handy in the tablet mode, without the keyboard I'm right-handed....
  6. Battery percentage icon missing from brand new Surface Pro

Battery percentage icon missing from brand new Surface Pro: Hi there, I have gone to settings/personalisation/taskbar and cannot find the batter/power under "select which icons appear on taskbar", and when I look under "turn system icons on or off", then the power icon is greyed out. When I go to device manager, there is no...
  7. Battery Percentage not showing

Battery Percentage not showing: I have Windows 10 Home edition. It do not show the battery percentage. I enabled it using Device Manager. But when i shut down and turn on the laptop I need to enable it again. In Taskbar Settings Power icon is enabled. What can I do about this?...
  8. 'Settings' icon in the start menu - not working (Windows 10 - Surface Pro 6)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'Settings' icon in the start menu - not working (Windows 10 - Surface Pro 6): Hi, When I click on the 'settings' icon in the start menu - nothing happens. Please provide a fix for this. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-icon-in-the-start-menu-not-working/15b00fb1-ab2d-4e2d-aae1-3898f3e8e6fc
  9. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  10. Battery percentage showing wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery percentage showing wrong.: When ever i hover over my pointer on my battery icon it's shows 1% extra than it's actual battery percentage. I also try to uninstall the battery drivers but still facing issue....