Windows 10: battery performance

Discus and support battery performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The battery icon shows that my battery is near full on charge, however, now when I try to use my computer without it being plugged in, it cuts off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GailPatrick, Jan 8, 2020.

1. battery performance

The battery icon shows that my battery is near full on charge, however, now when I try to use my computer without it being plugged in, it cuts off completely.

:)

GailPatrick, Jan 8, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery performance pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Battery

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your battery issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter and update drivers in Windows 10 by following the troubleshooting steps provided by Eeshwar Kumar on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 8, 2020
  4. battery performance

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

battery performance

1. battery performance - Similar Threads - battery performance

2. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  3. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  4. Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?: I just upgraded 11 from home to pro. Want to know how much is the overhead for added pro features? Will battery life and performance be identical?...
  5. Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?

Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?: I just upgraded 11 from home to pro. Want to know how much is the overhead for added pro features? Will battery life and performance be identical?...
  6. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  7. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  8. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  9. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  10. Windows 11 substantial performance drop after battery replacement.

Windows 11 substantial performance drop after battery replacement.: Hello,I have a laptop with a Ryzen 5 4500U processor that used to run Windows 11 fluidly and flawlessly without any signs of lagging. However, my laptop's performance slowed down significantly taking up to minutes just to perform simple tasks once I have done a battery...