Windows 10: Battery power

Discus and support Battery power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Medion Akoya notebook, recently the battery is showing 92% and not charging, and i cant get the notebook to run off battery power it will only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasHorn2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Battery power

I have a Medion Akoya notebook, recently the battery is showing 92% and not charging, and i cant get the notebook to run off battery power it will only run of the mains. it was fine until just recently i have removed battery drivers and reinstalled off reboot, could this be a windows update fault? i am running windows 10

:)

ThomasHorn2, Apr 3, 2019

2. Power and battery

I just had a black screen; all I could see was the mouse arrow. I researched on my other laptop and discovered it's a common problem with Win10. I tried a few recommended things but nothing happened: black screen and mouse.

For some reason I got it into my head to remove the battery and leave the laptop just plugged into the wall. It started normally and some 6 programs I tried so far have worked perfectly. So now I am wondering whether I should have both battery and wall-power at the same time. Should I perhaps remove the battery permanently and just run the machine on power?

Thanks for all advice, opinions, gossip.

I just called a friend and he suggested I run the machine on battery only until the battery is down to, say, 20%, then plug it in again to power until the battery is back to 100%; then unplug it and run on battery only. Ad infinitum. Any opinions on this process? Thanks again.

Tony Vella, Apr 3, 2019
  3. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Battery power

low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Battery power

1. Battery power - Similar Threads - Battery power

2. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  3. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  4. Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...: Why won't my computer boot it gets to the windows symbol then it just goes to dark screen and never finishes booting. I did replace cmos battery it us 22h2...
  5. Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...: Why won't my computer boot it gets to the windows symbol then it just goes to dark screen and never finishes booting. I did replace cmos battery it us 22h2...
  6. Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...

7. Critical Battery Trigger Met -Event id 524 223- Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Battery Trigger Met -Event id 524 223- Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power...: Dear Microsoft,I get this problem in my laptop Dell G5 5500, that my PC shutdown automatically while I'm working and its very disturbing my laptop has a cooling pad and also a fan to cool the top side so I think overheating is not the issue here. It happens at both instances...
  8. Critical Battery Trigger Met -Event id 524 223- Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power...

Critical Battery Trigger Met -Event id 524 223- Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power...: Dear Microsoft,I get this problem in my laptop Dell G5 5500, that my PC shutdown automatically while I'm working and its very disturbing my laptop has a cooling pad and also a fan to cool the top side so I think overheating is not the issue here. It happens at both instances...
  9. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...
  10. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...