Windows 10: battery problem 255%

Discus and support battery problem 255% in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH]it shows 255% remaining fully charge but when I plugged it out from the socket it is still full charge but unknown remaining shows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JhunCabael, Mar 3, 2020.

1. battery problem 255%

battery problem 255% fe78e7d0-d56a-498c-bdb4-b6739f634967?upload=true.jpg battery problem 255% 741920e4-7ccc-4675-9acd-2abc2d8d9e9e?upload=true.jpg it shows 255% remaining fully charge but when I plugged it out from the socket it is still full charge but unknown remaining shows on the icon.

please I need help. I'm having problem with my asus flipbook TP300LD

:)

JhunCabael, Mar 3, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Battery icon shows 255% even when battery not installed

As 255% is FF (hex) - all 1's - suggests a certain kind of bug...

If you have a live boot disk, that should prove it's not hardware related.

You could also try a 3rd party battery monitoring program, but if that reads the same buggy info from the OS, might give garbage too.

Similar here, resolved:
    Battery shows 255% - how is that possible when 100 is the max?? | AVForums

dalchina, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User

HP dv-6c63NR Laptop. Recently (not sure when it started), the battery icon in the System Tray show 255% charge when the battery is installed or removed. I've rebooted multiple times and just finished a reset. Nothing changes, still shows 255% charge.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this?

It was okay a week or two ago.

This laptop is in the Insider Fast stream and currently has 1903 18362.1. I could install a non-insider build on my 2nd HDD (I have a 500GB SSD boot and a 500GB HDD 2nd drive) as a test.

Ztruker, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

battery problem 255%

If draining the battery does not resolve the 255% indication then you might try searching the forum for battery driver. I recall seeing some guidance about resolving some apparent battery problems by uninstalling the battery driver and letting Device manager re-detect then reinstall it. I have not kept any notes on this subject but I know I have seen such posts.

Denis

Try3, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

battery problem 255%

1. battery problem 255% - Similar Threads - battery problem 255%

2. 255% battery percentage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    255% battery percentage: Hello, I have a problem with my Asus Zenbook 15" UX533F. Battery percentage is 255%. When i unplug ac adapter, laptop turns off. Battery is in fine condition, sometimes it works. I think that i need to reinstall drivers but i cant find them. Can someone help me with it?...
  3. BATTERY LEVEL SAYS 255%

in Windows 10 Customization
    BATTERY LEVEL SAYS 255%: I just updated to the most current version of Windows 10. The battery level indicator says "255% available plugged in...but when I click on the icon, the pop up shows the battery 100% charged But, when I unplug the power adapter, the laptop shuts down immediately...so...
  4. Battery at 255% though laptop won't run off the battery!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery at 255% though laptop won't run off the battery!: Hi. A few weeks ago I thought I had a battery/power cable issue as whenever the power cable was removed from my laptop it went off, completely. I have since changed both the cable and battery but still have the same issue. This coincided with the May Windows update being...
  5. battery percentage at 255%

battery percentage at 255%: Recently I uninstalled and then reinstalled the battery in my computer. I did this because the percentage charge was showing at 255%. Upon reinstallation the number has remained the same at 255% ever since. Is there a way of resetting the battery to set the maximum limit at...
  6. 255% battery

255% battery: My computer says it is at 255%while plugged in and it completely shuts off if I unplug it. How do I fix this? I barely got this computer last year?? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/255-battery/56bfb333-a7ea-4330-9bc1-f7ff8464dbc6
  7. Battery percentage 255%

Battery percentage 255%: Hello! I have problem with my battery It shows that the battery is plugged and that has 255%, even if it's not plugged Also, it has X on its icon It happened after I powered it on again after my Windows crashed for no reason...
  8. 255% on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    255% on battery?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AahYush [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exnqte/255_on_battery/
  9. battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in)

battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in): I have problem with Windows 10 I used Windows 10 PRO 1909 version in my laptop ASUS ROG GL753vd drivers are updated battery says that "255% battery avaiable (plugged in).WHAT IS THAT????When unplugged laptop is off suddenly.Windows 10 destroyed my laptop and its battery.I...
  10. Battery icon shows 255% even when battery not installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery icon shows 255% even when battery not installed: HP dv-6c63NR Laptop. Recently (not sure when it started), the battery icon in the System Tray show 255% charge when the battery is installed or removed. I've rebooted multiple times and just finished a reset. Nothing changes, still shows 255% charge. Any suggestions on how...