Windows 10: Battery profile switching problem

Discus and support Battery profile switching problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. When I plug in my charger into the laptop it goes into my saving mode profile and when I unplug it, it goes into the charging mode profile. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinCurl1, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Battery profile switching problem

Hello. When I plug in my charger into the laptop it goes into my saving mode profile and when I unplug it, it goes into the charging mode profile. So basically my profiles are the other way around. Is there a way to put it back to normal?

:)

MartinCurl1, Sep 22, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery profile switching problem pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Tenni Win User

Battery profile switching problem

Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?

tsdiscon ... alright. Thanks *Smile

It's a step closer to my wish.

Just not perfect, yet. I'm still toooo lazy to select the other profile here ;-) winks. But it's closer to my wish.

(I switch my profile sometimes 10-20 times a day between work and private profile)

Tenni, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Battery profile switching problem

1. Battery profile switching problem - Similar Threads - Battery profile switching

2. Can’t switch user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t switch user profile: I switched user profiles on accident and I don’t know the password to this profile on my computer, I don’t even remember creating it. However, I can’t switch users and log in with my normal user profile. There is no switch user button. I’ve tried booting up safe mode, but it...
  3. Can’t switch user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t switch user profile: I switched user profiles on accident and I don’t know the password to this profile on my computer, I don’t even remember creating it. However, I can’t switch users and log in with my normal user profile. There is no switch user button. I’ve tried booting up safe mode, but it...
  4. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  5. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  6. Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones: I'm using an HP Elitebook 1040 G7; ever since I got that a couple of weeks ago, I have a problem with my bluetooth headsets no matter which. Every bluetooth headset is usually connected with two profiles, Headset for communications and Headphone for media, with stereo sound...
  7. Battery Profiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery Profiles?: My battery profiles are gone along with these extra options like CPU usage I got from editing the registry a long time ago. Did they get rid of the option to do that? submitted by /u/GoomShroom [link] [comments]...
  8. Mom and grandsons profiles switched

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mom and grandsons profiles switched: My mom called me over to her house to try and figure out what was going on with her laptop. She has an Acer laptop running Windows 10. She managed to do something that swapped the user names and e-mail address on her and my nephew's her grandson's accounts on her laptop....
  9. BSoD when switching to battery.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when switching to battery.: The title explains. I have update chip set, bios, and all drivers available to windows update and support assist. I am using a Dell precision m6800. Here is some of the things that caused the crashes: [ATTACH] I have had issues every once in a while saying that ac power...
  10. Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?: Hello. There is a lot you can do on commandline / shortcuts on desktop too, and safe some seconds with mouse clicks in startmenu. Shutdown.exe -f -s -t 0 --- shutdown system Shutdown.exe -f -r -t 0 --- restart system (Shutdown Shortcut - Windows 10 Forums) Just...