Windows 10: Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0%

Discus and support Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have the following issue: The laptop discharges during sleep down to 0%. This is below the 5% threshold at which it shuts down automatically when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Castor Cascom, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0%

I have the following issue: The laptop discharges during sleep down to 0%. This is below the 5% threshold at which it shuts down automatically when being used. In summary, the laptop drains much energy during sleep at night time.

To understand this, the following was done: 1 powercfg -batteryreport and 2 the admin rights sleepstudy.

1 batteryreport gives:

DESIGN CAPACITY70,001 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY63,489 mWh

But, at a 99% charge indicated by the battery icon in the taskbar, this report indicates more than 100% charge, thus an inconsistency between batteryreport and system battery icon:

15:37:07
    Active Battery ​
    148 % 62,843 mWh ​
    15:43:34
    Report generated Battery ​
    147 % 62,527 mWh ​

2 The second sleepstudy report "correctly" that is, same as the system icon specifies the following:

87​
    15:17:57
    0:00:16Active---Drain-99% ​

What could be the cause for this inconsistency? Could thes be causing an abnormal shutdown where my laptop thinks it is above 0%, but then drains the battery until the end? Still, this would not answer why it drains so much energy during sleep. However, the latter question could anyway not be solved following so many instructions.

N.B.: Yes, updates all done, Bios latest version etc. ASUS Zenbook UX480FD, 2019 edition, new.

:)

Castor Cascom, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Shawn Win User

Surface Book battery drain while turned off

As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!!

I ran a powecfg report and the cycles (~100) and watts seem normal.
    I ran a sleep study and it showed a "abnormal shutdown" around the time I turned it on. Info is below.

The system is up to date per its own autoupdater.

Any suggestions?

Time before the event (power report)

Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0% [​IMG]

(sleep report):

Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0% [​IMG]

Details of the event:

thank you,

Surface Book
    i5, 8Gb, Nvidia

Shawn, Jan 23, 2021
  3. clayto Win User
    Battery apps and battery report lack data

Below I have Copy / Pasted a report generated by the PC. As you can see (I hope) most of the expected battery data is simply not there. I have four Store apps monitoring the battery, two of which concentrate on displaying battery usage statistics in tables and graphs. But they also do not show the data. The battery is reported to have zero charge when in fact it has up to 100%. I have been frequently getting an annoying pop-up notification saying the battery has 0% charge and to 'connect the charger', when it is connected and charging. I have examined Settings and Tasks Library but have not found anything to explain this.

It is important to me to be able to monitor the battery in my 2-in-1 tablet

Battery report

COMPUTER NAME DESKTOP-SI0QNOV
    SYSTEM PRODUCT NAME Cube I15-TC
    BIOS 5.11 05/07/2016
    OS BUILD 14393.321.amd64fre.rs1_release_inmarket.161004-2338
    PLATFORM ROLE Slate
    CONNECTED STANDBY Supported
    REPORT TIME 2016-10-21 17:29:01
    Installed batteries
    Information about each currently installed battery
    BATTERY 1
    NAME Intel Battery
    MANUFACTURER Intel Corp
    SERIAL NUMBER 1122
    CHEMISTRY LION
    DESIGN CAPACITY -
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY -
    CYCLE COUNT 23474
    Recent usage
    Power states over the last 7 days
    START TIME STATE SOURCE CAPACITY REMAINING
    2016-10-21 07:30:00 Active AC - -
    08:08:00 Suspended - -
    09:34:17 Active AC - -
    10:13:01 Active Battery - -
    10:13:36 Active AC - -
    11:08:44 Suspended - -
    14:22:13 Active AC - -
    14:23:55 Active Battery - -
    15:14:26 Active AC - -
    15:50:00 Suspended - -
    17:20:29 Active AC - -
    17:24:58 Active Battery - -
    17:27:00 Report generated Battery - -
    Battery usage
    Battery drains over the last 7 days
    START TIME STATE DURATION ENERGY DRAINED
    2016-10-21 10:13:01 Active 0:00:35 - -
    14:23:55 Active 0:50:31 - -
    17:24:58 Active 0:02:02 - -
    Usage history
    History of system usage on AC and battery
    BATTERY DURATION AC DURATION
    PERIOD ACTIVE CONNECTED STANDBY ACTIVE CONNECTED STANDBY
    - - - - -
    Battery capacity history
    Charge capacity history of the system's batteries
    PERIOD FULL CHARGE CAPACITY DESIGN CAPACITY
    - - -
    Battery life estimates
    Battery life estimates based on observed drains
    AT FULL CHARGE AT DESIGN CAPACITY
    PERIOD ACTIVE CONNECTED STANDBY ACTIVE CONNECTED STANDBY
    - - - - -
    Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install

clayto, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0%

battery drain

suddenly my dell laptop battery drains overnite after 100% charged

i change the battery yesterday ;;charge it 100% and shutdown when in the morning i try to open pc shows battery is critically low press f1......... i dont know whats the propblem can you plese help

shumailawaheed, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0%

1. Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0% - Similar Threads - Battery report above

2. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionNote : my laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  3. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionNote : my laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  4. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionmy laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  5. Battery drain in shutdown condition

Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionmy laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  6. Battery draining after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  7. Battery draining after shutdown

Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  8. Battery drains after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  9. Battery drains after shutdown.

Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  10. Battery report at 153%, different from system battery indicator, battery drain to 0%,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery report at 153%, different from system battery indicator, battery drain to 0%,...: I have the following issue: The laptop discharges during sleep down to 0%. This is below the 5% threshold at which it shuts down automatically when being used. In summary, the laptop drains much energy during sleep at night time. To understand this, the following was done:...