Windows 10: Battery Report Capacity

Discus and support Battery Report Capacity in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a laptop wher the battery report shows the FULL CHARGE CAPACITY and the DESIGN CAPACITY both are the same. They both decrease but the value is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LasenPunyawardana, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Battery Report Capacity

I have a laptop wher the battery report shows the FULL CHARGE CAPACITY and the DESIGN CAPACITY both are the same. They both decrease but the value is always the same. I would like to know how to fix or reset this issue. PERIODFULL CHARGE CAPACITYDESIGN CAPACITY2021-07-06 - 2021-07-1324,024 mWh24,024 mWh2021-08-0421,067 mWh21,067 mWh

:)

LasenPunyawardana, Aug 5, 2021
  2. baskhara Win User

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Aug 5, 2021
  3. ethesx Win User
    Windows 10 battery report - Full charge capacity exceeds design capacity

I've replaced the battery twice on a Sony Vaio SVS15 with an aftermarket brand and have run into an odd result in Windows 10 battery report.

This shows up and slowly increases(full charge capacity) after following each of the battery manufacturer's recommendation to discharge the battery completely to allow software estimates' re calibration. On initial install, the capacities match.

With the first aftermarket battery:

After fully charging to 100%, then unplugging the charger, the battery will reflect 96% within about a minute. It then seems to discharge much faster than the estimates given by Windows. At the 10% mark, the system shuts down unexpectedly, completely drained.

Second aftermarket battery:

Intermittently, it shows 96% and not charging - I can unplug the charger and back in to bring it to 100%. Upon reaching 10% remaining (10 minutes remaining estimate), it'll run for another couple minutes, then lose power.

Are there other ways to re-calibrate a system to properly report battery life, or could these simply be two faulty batteries?

ethesx, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Battery Report Capacity

Battery Report

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

• Design Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery was designed to hold in mWh (milliwatt
      hours).
    • Full Charge Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery will actually hold.
    This should give a rough estimate of what the life of battery is. If the cycle count is there in the first section, it would show you how many time battery has been recharged.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Battery Report Capacity

1. Battery Report Capacity - Similar Threads - Battery Report Capacity

2. Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report: My battery report is acting very weird... it shows the design capacity equal to that of full charge capacity and both are decreasing over time. Can anyone help?I use my laptop plugged in most of the time.every week I drain the battery to 10-15% for its health so I shouldn't...
  3. Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report: My battery report is acting very weird... it shows the design capacity equal to that of full charge capacity and both are decreasing over time. Can anyone help?I use my laptop plugged in most of the time.every week I drain the battery to 10-15% for its health so I shouldn't...
  4. Battery report remaining capacity over 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery report remaining capacity over 100%: sometime ago I was playing a game that I have been playing for 3 years with no issues, suddenly it crashed. I ran it back again, while connecting the charger and after sometime the laptop gave me a battery warning even though it was already connected, and when I checked the...
  5. Battery report remaining capacity over 100%

Battery report remaining capacity over 100%: sometime ago I was playing a game that I have been playing for 3 years with no issues, suddenly it crashed. I ran it back again, while connecting the charger and after sometime the laptop gave me a battery warning even though it was already connected, and when I checked the...
  6. Battery report remaining capacity over 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Battery Full Charge Capacity reporting error - More than double Design capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Full Charge Capacity reporting error - More than double Design capacity: I dont use my new 3 months old Thinkpad often but it is now reporting the Full Charge Capacity as being more than double the Design Capacity which is surely as error. Full Charge is 121.21Wh while Design Capacity is 50.5Wh. Sorry just cant seem to upload the pic. I would like...
  8. Battery Full Charge Capacity reporting error - More than double Design capacity

Battery Full Charge Capacity reporting error - More than double Design capacity: I dont use my new 3 months old Thinkpad often but it is now reporting the Full Charge Capacity as being more than double the Design Capacity which is surely as error. Full Charge is 121.21Wh while Design Capacity is 50.5Wh. Sorry just cant seem to upload the pic. I would like...
  9. Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity: Before purchasing a replacement battery for my PC, I ran a Battery HealthReport because the battery on my laptop will no longer power it for more than afew minutes. My question about the report relates to the "Battery CapacityHistory" section. For my PC the Full Charge...
  10. Battery charge capacity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charge capacity: I want to change the battery charge from 60% to 100%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/battery-charge-capacity/866bc133-b830-4506-8f1d-b8cc8de1c63b