Windows 10: Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago

Discus and support Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am getting below values for a new laptop charged 2-3 times in last 4 days. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Why am I getting these values for a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PratikSanghvi2, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago

I am getting below values for a new laptop charged 2-3 times in last 4 days.

Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago 25183fb7-5429-4941-a53b-a53b54840df1?upload=true.png

Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago 7c2a4caa-b643-49d3-8944-e16509180b90?upload=true.png

Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago 9b1a957c-198d-48aa-863e-b34af10c9760?upload=true.png

Why am I getting these values for a new laptop. Is it normal or Windows 10 fault. Also some times battery notification it shows 89% - 4 hrs and then 82% -2 hours. I a totally confuse. Is it battery issue or laptop?

:)

PratikSanghvi2, Oct 18, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 18, 2020
  4. baskhara Win User

Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago

1. Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago - Similar Threads - Battery report showing

2. Battery Report shows incorrect values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report shows incorrect values: So today I was using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop when all of a sudden it turned off. When I turned it back on it was showing the update screen. So I let it update and after the battery showed as 63% whereas before it turned off it was 66%. I generated a Battery Report...
  3. Battery Report shows incorrect values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report shows incorrect values: So today I was using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop when all of a sudden it turned off. When I turned it back on it was showing the update screen. So I let it update and after the battery showed as 63% whereas before it turned off it was 66%. I generated a Battery Report...
  4. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  5. Laptop Battery Report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery Report: So I done this a while back on my dell xps 15 9550 laptop before with old battery and new battery. I tried to do this right now... Typed in start menu command prompt and right clicked on it and open as admin. Then i typed in powercfg/batteryreport Then it showed Battery life...
  6. powercfg /battery report shows "No Batteries are currently installed"

powercfg /battery report shows "No Batteries are currently installed": Hi all Acer Aspire 5755G Win 10 version 20H2 10.0.19042.685 My laptop has lost both it's battery icon and it's low battery warnings but the charger is seemingly still charging the battery properly to full capacity, when the charge light changes colour. Running "powercfg...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3 Battery: Hi, I've recently bought: Microsoft 13.5 Intel Core i5 Surface Laptop 3 - 256GB - Black Advertised at 11.5 hours battery life, along with an expensive pricetag, I seem to be averaging about 5 hours of normal use litteraly microsoft edge and microsoft word. Any advice?...
  8. Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours: Hello Sportsfans, The battery stats on the Dell XPS non4k screen usually says "2 or 3" hour remaining right after unplugged. Now the indicator states 84% 3:53 remaining after 40 minutes of battery usage. I never conditioned or ran the battery down, i never took the laptop...
  9. Getting BSOD in a new laptop that was bought just 10 days ago

Getting BSOD in a new laptop that was bought just 10 days ago: I am facing very infrequent crashed and getting BSOD in Win10. I can't even identify why its happening and I cant even recreate the crash. It is very infrequent and happens in the most unexpected times. And its usually under very light load like web browsing. Here is one...
  10. My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase: I've brought an HP Notebook - 15-bs662tu with windows 10 pre-installed 5 months ago. Since the day of purchase, it's lagging. I've registered a complaint at HP's end but according to them, the hardware is running fine and I might need to reinstall Win 10 in it for which they...