Windows 10: Battery Saver turns screen brightness to max

Discus and support Battery Saver turns screen brightness to max in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Instead of dimming the screen, the brightness is turned to the max brightness when battery saver mode switches on automatically. I don't see anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shay4545, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Shay4545 Win User

Battery Saver turns screen brightness to max

Instead of dimming the screen, the brightness is turned to the max brightness when battery saver mode switches on automatically. I don't see anywhere in the settings to adjust what the screen brightness gets set to when using battery saver, only a checkbox to allow battery saver to change the screen brightness. How do I make the battery saver dim the screen instead of brighten it?

:)

Shay4545, Sep 11, 2019
  2. AC44 Win User

Issue with Battery Saver: Screen Brightness

Hello Karolina,

Thank you for your reply, however it was not very helpful for me. I never use automatically adjust for brightness (as you had suggested) because I had noticed significant battery drain and so I do have my brightness setting on low.

In your reply you state that Battery Saver does not include screen dimming, and while it is true that this does not appear within the app itself, it does appear in system settings: Settings > Display > Battery Saver Brightness [on/off]; "Reduces screen brightness
    when battery saver is active."

I don't know if you personally own or have much experience with Nokia Lumias (because I am unsure if this is an issue on other phones running Windows 8.1), but prior to the 8.1 Cyan update, Battery Saver would dim the screen when the battery would reach
    about 20% or so in order to extend the remaining battery life. The Display settings I described above seem to imply this is meant to happen when Battery Saver Brightness is turned on.

Without this feature functioning properly I've noticed a significant decrease in battery life since updating to Windows 8.1.

3. Issue with Battery Saver: Screen Brightness

Hi AC44,

Thanks for posting!

Battery Saver doesn't include diming the screen, you can change this via;

Lower the brightness setting. In the App list, tap Settings >
    Brightness, turn off Automatically adjust, and then select the
    Level that you want to use instead. For more info, please have a look on the link below;

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/battery-making-it-last

Thank you for your contributions to the forum!

Kind Regards,

Karolina M, Sep 11, 2019
  4. nCogNeato Win User

nCogNeato, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Battery Saver turns screen brightness to max - Similar Threads - Battery Saver turns

2. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  3. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  4. Oct 11 update: battery saver and brightness buttons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Oct 11 update: battery saver and brightness buttons: After the last setting, I cannot adjust the screen brightness huge issue for me as I spend a lot of time editing documents not working in settings/keyboard. Battery saver also not working option is dimmed and cannot click on it as usually had on a lot to ensure screen stayed...
  5. Is there a way to exceed the max screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to exceed the max screen brightness?: I can put it up to 100 but is there a way to push more to the brightness through battery settings ? submitted by /u/ClapiusTrapius [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzm3gl/is_there_a_way_to_exceed_the_max_screen_brightness/
  6. Screen Brightness stuck on max

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness stuck on max: So I have always been getting this problem when I do a Windows 10 update. My screen brightness gets stuck on max and the sliders as well as the function keys do not change it at all, so I rollback. But this time I screwed up and did another update on top of the one that...
  7. Can't turn battery saver off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't turn battery saver off: when my laptop is unplugged, even if it has 100%, the battery saver is on. I switch it to off in settings, then it automatically resets to on, and I cant switch it off....
  8. Unable to turn off Battery saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to turn off Battery saver: Hello guys, i can*t turn off the battery saver..do u know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-battery-saver/2fcc8775-4013-4054-9b22-727bfcd2fdd6
  9. battery saver not turning on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery saver not turning on windows 10: Battery saver not turning on in my windows 10 laptop. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver-not-turning-on-windows-10/d6a82592-0118-49a1-9950-8f9262094505
  10. battery saver won't reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    battery saver won't reduce brightness: Hi every one , i have this problem when i was playing online before i was using battery power so i put auto active battery saver on 20% when was get to that level battery saver was been activated and reduced brightness level with it so i was plugging in the charger but no it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Phone dim screen battery saver on