Windows 10: Battery Saver

Discus and support Battery Saver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn off the power saver? I tried to turn it off in the settings but it keeps getting back on. Please help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HowdOilC, May 23, 2019.

1. HowdOilC Win User

Battery Saver

How do I turn off the power saver? I tried to turn it off in the settings but it keeps getting back on. Please help me.

:)

HowdOilC, May 23, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, May 23, 2019
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Battery saver allways on

Hi EdyXR,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager and then select Device Manager.

2. From Device Manager, expand the Batteries category.

3. Double-tap or double-click Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, select the Driver tab, and select Uninstall > OK, Driver will be reinstalled automatically when you restart your Laptop.

4. Shut down your laptop.

5. Remove the battery if you have a Removable battery.

6. Skip the step if your laptop doesn’t have a removable battery.

7. Insert the batter back if you removed it.

8. Power on your laptop.

9. Once this steps are performed, follow the below steps to turn off the Battery saver.

Turn off Batter saver.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Settings and then select Settings.

1. Once the Settings app is running, click System icon

2. In the left-pane, tap or click Battery Saver to see overview of battery saver feature

3. Click on Battery saver settings, uncheck the option titled Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below option to disable Battery Saver feature.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, May 23, 2019
  4. Battery Saver

MS Battery Saver same problem

ALL of the mentioned steps NOT WORKING for me. MS Battery Saver continues to be listed as "installing" in applications and shows 80073cf9 on updating.

SirWilfried, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Battery Saver

1. Battery Saver - Similar Threads - Battery Saver

2. Battery Limit vs, Batter Saver in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Limit vs, Batter Saver in Windows 11: I recently got a Surface Laptop Studio with an i5 Intel core. I knew from the get-go that I should limit charging the battery, so I searched for a solution and came up with an obscure suggestion to change the bios, which I did and while it works well, it limits charging to...
  3. Battery Limit vs, Batter Saver in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Limit vs, Batter Saver in Windows 11: I recently got a Surface Laptop Studio with an i5 Intel core. I knew from the get-go that I should limit charging the battery, so I searched for a solution and came up with an obscure suggestion to change the bios, which I did and while it works well, it limits charging to...
  4. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  5. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  6. Will the refresh rate automatically lower from 144hz to 60hz if I turn on battery saver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the refresh rate automatically lower from 144hz to 60hz if I turn on battery saver...: Will the refresh rate automatically lower from 144hz to 60hz if I turn on battery saver mode in windows 11 or I will have to do it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-refresh-rate-automatically-lower-from/3e91c232-b44d-428f-9d7b-a3a87b53afe2
  7. Will the refresh rate automatically lower from 144hz to 60hz if I turn on battery saver...

Will the refresh rate automatically lower from 144hz to 60hz if I turn on battery saver...: Will the refresh rate automatically lower from 144hz to 60hz if I turn on battery saver mode in windows 11 or I will have to do it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-refresh-rate-automatically-lower-from/3e91c232-b44d-428f-9d7b-a3a87b53afe2
  8. Battery Saver - Does it affects the speed of the Internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver - Does it affects the speed of the Internet connection: Hello, so far no one has been able to give me a clear answer as to whether Windows Battery Saver the one that is turned on via the Taskbar affects the speed of the Internet connection. I know that the advanced settings of the Power Plan Chance Advanced Power Settings -->...
  9. Battery Saver - Does it affects the speed of the Internet connection

Battery Saver - Does it affects the speed of the Internet connection: Hello, so far no one has been able to give me a clear answer as to whether Windows Battery Saver the one that is turned on via the Taskbar affects the speed of the Internet connection. I know that the advanced settings of the Power Plan Chance Advanced Power Settings -->...
  10. battery saver not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery saver not working.: I am using windows 10 and have noticed that battery saver will not turn on. I have attempted to use the slider after clicking on the battery icon on the task bar to activate power saving mode and I have also attempted to turn it on through the battery saver button in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power saver not working