Windows 10: Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

Discus and support Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ViridWhisper984, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to this day.

i am traveling a lot and i need to use inverters for charging my laptop and while i am charging - all is fine, but when the charging ends, my laptop instantly dims the screen lighting to 50% (this is what i have set it to do) or straight out to 0%, in which case i need to set it back to 50% again and all is fine after that - not a big problem.

the main issue that i am frustrated with, is when i am playing games, my laptop decides to go to battery saving mode at a completely random times - dims the display to 0% and disables usb ports. if i minimize the game - usb ports get enabled again. and this happens anywhere from 70% of remaining battery to 28%

i have my battery saver turned to 20%

i have tried all i could think of and all things that i could find on the internet, but nothing helped

some people suggested to add a reg key to prevent this from happening - did not help

went to power management to specifically choose the option to NOT disable usb ports when power saving mode starts - did not help

there were many more things that i have tried, but since this problem is so old, i simply can not remember everything i tried out

and it happens with any "bigger" game - small ones that do not use many resources are not causing trouble.

***Modified Title from: forced battery saving mode while in game***

:)

ViridWhisper984, Apr 29, 2019

2. battery drains to zero percent

I recently installed windows 10 education version on my dell laptop which microsoft has provided with licensed key as student.

Problem is-

Whenever I shut down or hibernate or sleep my computer and open after some hours or a day, battery discharge to zero percent. Once battery was 90 percent, i shut down computer and open after 4 hours and battery gone to zero. I have even updated my drivers from
    dell website, but problem still persists.

SunnyChugh, Apr 29, 2019
  3. machadoug Win User
    N8 - Disable charging batteries when connecting to USB port

Greetings,

My N8 starts charging the battery every time I plug it into the USB port of my laptop, even though the battery is with over 80%.

• Can I disable charging when it is connected to the USB? OR
    • Can I configure it anywhere so it starts charging only when it is below 20%?
    Thanks in advanced,

Douglas

machadoug, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

How to set backlight to battery saving mode during navigation

Hi

I've just bought Lumia 520, with Here Drive & Lumia Black sw. Previously I had S60 symbian phone.

When comparing those two phones, symbian navigation had one feature that is missing from this Here Drive, and that is the backlight saving mode.

In situations when there is no need for any guidance, symbian Navi dims the screen and saves battery. Unfortunately Lumia is lit up all time.

Optimal version would be such, that the screen is lit only in junctions and when speed limit changes.

Is any update coming to cure this problem?

Havis---01, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

1. Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while... - Similar Threads - Battery saving mode

2. Save power mode when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save power mode when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH] Hey guys, Since v1903, unplugging or plugging in my AC adapter does not restore my desired power mode. By default, I would like my laptop to default to Battery Saver power mode when it is not plugged in and Better Performance power mode when it is plugged...
  3. While on Battery Save mode, if you turn the tablet mode ON and OFF your taskbar will become...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    While on Battery Save mode, if you turn the tablet mode ON and OFF your taskbar will become...: Happens 100% of the times for me in version 1909 on my SB2 Does this happens to other devices on 1909? this is the link to the feedback hub submitted by /u/vctrsamp [link] [comments]...
  4. zero windows settings stick and stay, zero

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    zero windows settings stick and stay, zero: None of my settings ever made in windows 10 actually stays. I tell it to defrag daily and it always switches back to weekly. I play a video and wonder why my sound sounds like poop and every time I have to switch back the audio settings from 100% volume, 2ch and...
  5. forced battery saving mode while in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    forced battery saving mode while in game: ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to this day. i am traveling a lot and i need to use inverters for charging my laptop and while i am charging - all is fine, but...
  6. Windows 10 disabling USB Ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 disabling USB Ports: After a recent update I have a problem with Windows 10 starting up. When Windows boots up the screen shows the time and date and background scene. At this point I would normally hit ENTER or click the mouse to bring up the PIN entry screen but all of the USB ports and so my...
  7. Saving the power to USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saving the power to USB ports: The drives connected to my PC through the USB ports seem to save power. I have two drives and they are self powered, they use AC power. I found out that the fan of the drive is not spinning - that means it doesn’t get power from the USB port. I tried to disable the power...
  8. build 10130 - Stuck at ZERO (o%) percent

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    build 10130 - Stuck at ZERO (o%) percent: Hi there Computer stuck at downloading 0% over TWO hours !!!-- this is updating from build 10121. Another computer updated with no problems from build 10074. Took around 12 mins for download and completed fine. Internet connections are fine. Plenty of space on "C"...
  9. Update disabled USB Ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update disabled USB Ports.: Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...