Windows 10: Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

Discus and support Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ViridWhisper984, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to this day.

i am traveling a lot and i need to use inverters for charging my laptop and while i am charging - all is fine, but when the charging ends, my laptop instantly dims the screen lighting to 50% (this is what i have set it to do) or straight out to 0%, in which case i need to set it back to 50% again and all is fine after that - not a big problem.

the main issue that i am frustrated with, is when i am playing games, my laptop decides to go to battery saving mode at a completely random times - dims the display to 0% and disables usb ports. if i minimize the game - usb ports get enabled again. and this happens anywhere from 70% of remaining battery to 28%

i have my battery saver turned to 20%

i have tried all i could think of and all things that i could find on the internet, but nothing helped

some people suggested to add a reg key to prevent this from happening - did not help

went to power management to specifically choose the option to NOT disable usb ports when power saving mode starts - did not help

there were many more things that i have tried, but since this problem is so old, i simply can not remember everything i tried out

and it happens with any "bigger" game - small ones that do not use many resources are not causing trouble.

***Modified Title from: forced battery saving mode while in game***

:)

ViridWhisper984, Apr 29, 2019

2. battery drains to zero percent

I recently installed windows 10 education version on my dell laptop which microsoft has provided with licensed key as student.

Problem is-

Whenever I shut down or hibernate or sleep my computer and open after some hours or a day, battery discharge to zero percent. Once battery was 90 percent, i shut down computer and open after 4 hours and battery gone to zero. I have even updated my drivers from
    dell website, but problem still persists.

SunnyChugh, Apr 29, 2019
  3. machadoug Win User
    N8 - Disable charging batteries when connecting to USB port

Greetings,

My N8 starts charging the battery every time I plug it into the USB port of my laptop, even though the battery is with over 80%.

• Can I disable charging when it is connected to the USB? OR
    • Can I configure it anywhere so it starts charging only when it is below 20%?
    Thanks in advanced,

Douglas

machadoug, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

How to set backlight to battery saving mode during navigation

Hi

I've just bought Lumia 520, with Here Drive & Lumia Black sw. Previously I had S60 symbian phone.

When comparing those two phones, symbian navigation had one feature that is missing from this Here Drive, and that is the backlight saving mode.

In situations when there is no need for any guidance, symbian Navi dims the screen and saves battery. Unfortunately Lumia is lit up all time.

Optimal version would be such, that the screen is lit only in junctions and when speed limit changes.

Is any update coming to cure this problem?

Havis---01, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

1. Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while... - Similar Threads - Battery saving mode

2. Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?: I am using USBTOR settings in Registry Editor to control the USB port.However I will need those USB ports to provide powers to another device. May I know does that affect the stability or even cannot provide power of those USB ports?...
  3. Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?: I am using USBTOR settings in Registry Editor to control the USB port.However I will need those USB ports to provide powers to another device. May I know does that affect the stability or even cannot provide power of those USB ports?...
  4. Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Battery drains to zero in sleep mode - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains to zero in sleep mode - Windows 11: I have Mi Notebook Horizon Ultra Edition 14 i7 and having strange problem of battery draining in sleep mode, since updated to Windows 11.What happens is ... If I close lid with charger plugged-in and put it to sleep and then remove charger when done do not open lid. By next...
  6. Battery drains to zero in sleep mode - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drains to zero in sleep mode - Windows 11: I have Mi Notebook Horizon Ultra Edition 14 i7 and having strange problem of battery draining in sleep mode, since updated to Windows 11.What happens is ... If I close lid with charger plugged-in and put it to sleep and then remove charger when done do not open lid. By next...
  7. DISABLE USB PORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISABLE USB PORT: HI, I FOOLISHLY DISABLED USB PORT OPTION FROM BIOS NOW NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR MOUSE IS WORKING PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-usb-port/0ed72132-5610-414c-b7cf-ed6add623b1c
  8. Disable a USB Port

Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  9. forced battery saving mode while in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    forced battery saving mode while in game: ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to this day. i am traveling a lot and i need to use inverters for charging my laptop and while i am charging - all is fine, but...
  10. Saving the power to USB ports

Saving the power to USB ports: The drives connected to my PC through the USB ports seem to save power. I have two drives and they are self powered, they use AC power. I found out that the fan of the drive is not spinning - that means it doesn’t get power from the USB port. I tried to disable the power...