Windows 10: battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in)

Discus and support battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have problem with Windows 10 I used Windows 10 PRO 1909 version in my laptop ASUS ROG GL753vd drivers are updated battery says that "255% battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SəhrabNəbiyev, Dec 17, 2019.

1. battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in)

I have problem with Windows 10

I used Windows 10 PRO 1909 version in my laptop ASUS ROG GL753vd

drivers are updated

battery says that "255% battery avaiable (plugged in).WHAT IS THAT????When unplugged laptop is off suddenly.Windows 10 destroyed my laptop and its battery.I DEMAND COMPENSATION

I contact Microsoft Support but they can't solve my problem.......

When I update to 1909 version this problem happened

BRING BACK MY LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

SəhrabNəbiyev, Dec 17, 2019

2. 255% available (plugged in)

Yes sir, i am referring to the battery. My battery is not attached but the battery icon in the system tray shows 255% available(plugged in) that was after i uninstall the battery from the device manager and reboot it. But nothing changes.

So i will have to update the driver.

Thank you.

ChaiLeonido, Dec 17, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Battery icon shows 255% even when battery not installed

As 255% is FF (hex) - all 1's - suggests a certain kind of bug...

If you have a live boot disk, that should prove it's not hardware related.

You could also try a 3rd party battery monitoring program, but if that reads the same buggy info from the OS, might give garbage too.

Similar here, resolved:
    Battery shows 255% - how is that possible when 100 is the max?? | AVForums

dalchina, Dec 17, 2019
  4. battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in)

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in) pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in)

1. battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in) - Similar Threads - battery says 255%

2. BATTERY LEVEL SAYS 255%

in Windows 10 Customization
    BATTERY LEVEL SAYS 255%: I just updated to the most current version of Windows 10. The battery level indicator says "255% available plugged in...but when I click on the icon, the pop up shows the battery 100% charged But, when I unplug the power adapter, the laptop shuts down immediately...so...
  3. Battery goes 255% and then 0% available plug in after windows 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery goes 255% and then 0% available plug in after windows 1903: Hi, I just had a battery problem after updating to version 1903. Initially my battery was 255% and after doing some steps to solve it like: 1. Perform troubleshoot on the power section 2. Do reinstall the battery driver 3. Some changes to the power plan I find that my...
  4. battery percentage at 255%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery percentage at 255%: Recently I uninstalled and then reinstalled the battery in my computer. I did this because the percentage charge was showing at 255%. Upon reinstallation the number has remained the same at 255% ever since. Is there a way of resetting the battery to set the maximum limit at...
  5. Lenovo g505 battery shows 255% available plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo g505 battery shows 255% available plugged in: Bought about 5 years ago, the Lenovo g505 laptop came with win 8. Upgraded to win 10 about 2 years ago. It was performing normally. About 6 months ago suddenly started a reboot loop with Lenovo logo and was not able to start the laptop. When the power cord was removed it...
  6. 255% Available Plugged In while battery Icon in tray shows empty and battery stopped...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    255% Available Plugged In while battery Icon in tray shows empty and battery stopped...: This is a serious and urgent issue need your attention after windows 13 June 2020 update I am facing the issue that laptop battery does not charge. The battery icon in the taskbar now says 255% available but shows the visual of the battery being empty, and clicking on...
  7. 255% battery

255% battery: My computer says it is at 255%while plugged in and it completely shuts off if I unplug it. How do I fix this? I barely got this computer last year?? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/255-battery/56bfb333-a7ea-4330-9bc1-f7ff8464dbc6
  8. my laptop battery meter shows "255% available plugged in" without battery insert and "1%...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop battery meter shows "255% available plugged in" without battery insert and "1%...: hi experts, im using ASUS GL552VX vrsion 1903, -my concern is about my battery meter. it happened recently cant remember why -my battery wont charged if i insert it giving me hard time to use my laptop portably without electric source. -its shows 255% availableplugged in...
  9. 255% on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    255% on battery?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AahYush [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exnqte/255_on_battery/
  10. 255% available (plugged in)

255% available (plugged in): How will I removed the display in my laptop it says 255% available (plugged in) please help thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/255-available-plugged-in/090eeb4a-ffdf-429b-82a7-7318a0ffdbc5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you fix a battery that says 255% avabile

2. 255% connect

3. asus battery 255

4. battery management at windows 10 registry,
  5. my battery says i have 255%,
  6. 255% battery windows 10,
  7. 255% available plugged in solved,
  8. 255% available plugged in,
  9. battery says 255% available,
  10. asus 255% battery,
  11. windows 10 hack battery setting 255% registry,