Windows 10: Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning

Discus and support Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-notifications-not-showing-during/8ab096a4-1e35-45d3-adca-0d1d1e5801c0Posting the question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Petter Wilhelmsen, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-notifications-not-showing-during/8ab096a4-1e35-45d3-adca-0d1d1e5801c0Posting the question linked above, but the dude never followed up. Can someone please help? Wanna throw this brand new laptop out the window. Battery should last way more than an hour, just a year ago it lasted 5+ hours, and the battery settings refuse to change...

:)

Petter Wilhelmsen, Aug 8, 2021

2. Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage

I've followed the suggestions people posted on that thread but nothing solved the problem so far. I've made a short screenshot of the battery report which explains whats going on better:

Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning [​IMG]

The battery is on AC for some reason and won't charge, i've tried taking the battery out and inserting it in again while it was on AC but still no success.

Configuration, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage

Which setting there are multiple ones?

Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning [​IMG]

The battery is just two days old, I've recently replaced it with an older one.

Configuration, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning

how do I get the lap-top to give me advance warning that it is turning off when the battery is low ?

Hi Tim,

Based on the details provided, you can set the battery
    notification through these steps:

• Go
      to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options
      (on the laptop's power plans, the battery warning levels are set by default)

• Choose
      Change plan Settings
      (next to the active power plan).

• Click on
      Change Advanced Power Settings
      (a power options dialog box will popup)

• locate
      Battery
      and click the
      "+" sign
      to display the various options (each item has two sub items which is, one for is for when the laptop is on battery power and the other is when laptop is plugged in).

• Set the
      battery-level warnings.

• Click
      Apply
      then
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning

1. Battery settings stuck, lifetime heavily reduced, and laptop turns off without warning - Similar Threads - Battery settings stuck

2. Laptop switching off without any warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop switching off without any warning: Hey there I am using a mecer laptop it just frustrates me that it switch's itself off without any warning just off then when I on it again it starts up then few minutes it switches off again and the fan was making funny sounds before now there's no longer any sound it's just...
  3. laptop won't turn on without battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop won't turn on without battery: My dad has a Win8 laptop which had been upgraded to Win10 yet he hasn't had chance to use.3 years ago he asked me to get a battery for it, because the laptop resides in the West Indies and due to the pandemic hasn't been able to bring it or send it.He came with it last week...
  4. Laptop turns off without any warning at 30% on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off without any warning at 30% on battery: I am using a HP 15 BW531au Laptop with 4GB of RAM, AMD A6 9220 Dual Core CPU, Radeon R4 Graphics with latest drivers installed. My Laptop has started giving a issue that it turns off at 30% when on battery. I doesn't evenn give a warning, it just turns off making it difficult...
  5. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning: Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%. It was not...
  6. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning: Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%. It was not...
  7. Computer Turns Off Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Turns Off Without Warning: Hello! Thanks for your time. I've found lately that whenever my computer starts to run low on battery around 11-14%, it will just shut down entirely without warning no low battery prompt or anything, and when I immediately plug it in and turn it back on, instead of resuming...
  8. My laptop shuts off without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shuts off without warning: My laptop shuts off without warning all the time. The battery percentage is always high and/or I'm charging my laptop. When I power my laptop on again, everything is as I left it. With the recent events happening and having to do online school, I don't want it to shut off...
  9. my laptop turns off everytime without any warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop turns off everytime without any warning: I encountered a problem with my hp notebook runs on Windows 10 Pro. I noticed every time when my percentage is about 20-25%, then my laptop just turns off without anything, no warning. Then I plugged my ac adapter and turns on the laptop and then the battery percentage is...
  10. Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage: Recently I've ran into the problem that my laptop shuts off randomly whenever its not charging and unplugged. First my laptop ran smoothly with no problem for an hour or so without charging then suddenly turns off. However now my laptop won't turn on without being charged and...