Windows 10: Battery settings

Discus and support Battery settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Surface Pro 6. When plugged in, i click on the battery icon on the bottom right, and the Power Mode is "Best Battery Life" for plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by K A Thakrar, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Battery settings

Hi,

I have a Surface Pro 6. When plugged in, i click on the battery icon on the bottom right, and the Power Mode is "Best Battery Life" for plugged in. And this is recommended? Why is plugged in defaulting to Best Battery life? Seems contradictory to me.

:)

K A Thakrar, Jun 26, 2019

2. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Jun 26, 2019
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Battery settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Battery settings

1. Battery settings - Similar Threads - Battery settings

2. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  3. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  4. There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.: Hi I need help, when I was working with the laptop it's all sudden my window 11 crash. It's does fix the disk when it's restarting. But the symbol of white X on the battery and I can't open the setting. When I open the files it's like the word gone of lagging and delayed. I...
  5. There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.

There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.: Hi I need help, when I was working with the laptop it's all sudden my window 11 crash. It's does fix the disk when it's restarting. But the symbol of white X on the battery and I can't open the setting. When I open the files it's like the word gone of lagging and delayed. I...
  6. Search, Settings and battery icon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search, Settings and battery icon not working: Hello there, I'm currently having the following problems on my Windows 11 Laptop:Search not working. Can't type anything in and there only is a white windowWhen I try to open the settings app, it crashes.The battery icon just shows an x, but the battery is working fineThe...
  7. Search, Settings and battery icon not working

Search, Settings and battery icon not working: Hello there, I'm currently having the following problems on my Windows 11 Laptop:Search not working. Can't type anything in and there only is a white windowWhen I try to open the settings app, it crashes.The battery icon just shows an x, but the battery is working fineThe...
  8. Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?: Every time I click on Power & Battery settings the settings app crashes. This happened ever since I updated to this version: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-settings-app-crash-when-i-open-power/13dcd4f1-b60f-469c-87bd-2302ffb2ee00
  9. Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?

Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?: Every time I click on Power & Battery settings the settings app crashes. This happened ever since I updated to this version: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-settings-app-crash-when-i-open-power/13dcd4f1-b60f-469c-87bd-2302ffb2ee00
  10. Windows 11 23H2 - KB5033375 - Power Pane of Settings app Not Tracking/Reporting Battery Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 - KB5033375 - Power Pane of Settings app Not Tracking/Reporting Battery Level: Since installing the Windows 11 23H2 KB5033375 on an HP laptop, I have noticed that the Power pane within the Settings app is not tracking/reporting the battery level correctly. Resulting in unexpected system shutdowns. As I am unable to determine the battery level. In...