Windows 10: Battery settings

Discus and support Battery settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Is it safe to modify the advanced battery settings? I want to modify the critical battery level because my laptops shut downs incorrectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snorpii, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Battery settings

/u/Snorpii, Mar 26, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery settings pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Battery settings

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery settings pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Battery settings

1. Battery settings - Similar Threads - Battery settings

2. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  3. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  4. There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.: Hi I need help, when I was working with the laptop it's all sudden my window 11 crash. It's does fix the disk when it's restarting. But the symbol of white X on the battery and I can't open the setting. When I open the files it's like the word gone of lagging and delayed. I...
  5. There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.

There is white X symbol on battery, I can't open the setting and I can't open window's Run.: Hi I need help, when I was working with the laptop it's all sudden my window 11 crash. It's does fix the disk when it's restarting. But the symbol of white X on the battery and I can't open the setting. When I open the files it's like the word gone of lagging and delayed. I...
  6. Search, Settings and battery icon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search, Settings and battery icon not working: Hello there, I'm currently having the following problems on my Windows 11 Laptop:Search not working. Can't type anything in and there only is a white windowWhen I try to open the settings app, it crashes.The battery icon just shows an x, but the battery is working fineThe...
  7. Search, Settings and battery icon not working

Search, Settings and battery icon not working: Hello there, I'm currently having the following problems on my Windows 11 Laptop:Search not working. Can't type anything in and there only is a white windowWhen I try to open the settings app, it crashes.The battery icon just shows an x, but the battery is working fineThe...
  8. Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?: Every time I click on Power & Battery settings the settings app crashes. This happened ever since I updated to this version: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-settings-app-crash-when-i-open-power/13dcd4f1-b60f-469c-87bd-2302ffb2ee00
  9. Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?

Why does the Settings app crash when I open Power & Battery settings in Windows 11?: Every time I click on Power & Battery settings the settings app crashes. This happened ever since I updated to this version: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-settings-app-crash-when-i-open-power/13dcd4f1-b60f-469c-87bd-2302ffb2ee00
  10. Windows 11 23H2 - KB5033375 - Power Pane of Settings app Not Tracking/Reporting Battery Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 - KB5033375 - Power Pane of Settings app Not Tracking/Reporting Battery Level: Since installing the Windows 11 23H2 KB5033375 on an HP laptop, I have noticed that the Power pane within the Settings app is not tracking/reporting the battery level correctly. Resulting in unexpected system shutdowns. As I am unable to determine the battery level. In...