Windows 10: Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver

Discus and support Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I fix submitted by /u/dudepi3 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dudepi3, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver

/u/dudepi3, Aug 27, 2020

2. Battery unknown remaining

Hello,

Please try these suggestions:

1. Make sure date and time are correct in Windows 10 as well as in BIOS settings.

2. Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under Device Manager with these steps

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand “Batteries” section.
    • Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”
    • Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.
    • Close Device Manager.

3. Run Power troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot

4. Update BIOS firmware to latest version.

5. If issue still persists, try replacing your battery with new one.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to try with a driver remove and reinstall with Device Manager. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot your system and check if the problem still exists.

Please tell me if the solution works.

StefanoTamiotti, Aug 27, 2020
  4. VinceLiXL Win User

Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver

How to really uninstall a Lenovo ACPI-compliant Driver

Hi everyone,

I have a Lenovo Y40, and ever since I upgraded to Win10, my PC cannot read the battery gauge correctly. After doing some research, I realized Lenovo Energy Manager and the Lenovo acpi-compliant virtual power controller driver are the problems. (I hate junkware)

I deleted Lenovo Energy Manager with no problem, but I can't get rid of the Lenovo acpi-compliant virtual power controller driver. Here are the steps I'm stuck with:

- If I go into device manager and uninstall the driver, the driver will disappear, and upon restart, it will show up again as an unknown driver.

- If I uninstall/disable this unknown driver, upon restart/hibernation, it will come back again under 'system devices' as 'Lenovo acpi-compliant virtual power controller driver', as if I didn't do anything.

When this driver is listed as unknown driver or temporarily disabled, my battery gauge issues are immediately resolved. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of annoying drivers like this one once and for all?

Thank you!

VinceLiXL, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver

1. Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver - Similar Threads - Battery showing unknown

2. microsoft acpi battery driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft acpi battery driver: it may be vague but i want to know whether i should update the acpi battery driver. the current provider is microsoft and the new provider SURFACE. if SURFACE is related/belongs to microsoft then maybe i can update?...
  3. ACPI driver showing up as unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI driver showing up as unknown: Hello,I recently bought a Gigabyte B660M Gaming X DDR4 Motherboard and discovered an unknown device. I'm struggling to find any available drivers and this is really annoying me - can anybody help?Driver Details shows up as: Device ACPI\INTC1070\2&daba3ff&0 requires further...
  4. ACPI driver showing up as unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI driver showing up as unknown: Hello,I recently bought a Gigabyte B660M Gaming X DDR4 Motherboard and discovered an unknown device. I'm struggling to find any available drivers and this is really annoying me - can anybody help?Driver Details shows up as: Device ACPI\INTC1070\2&daba3ff&0 requires further...
  5. ACPI driver showing up as unknown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected: I have been having issues with this pc for two years where the battery is concerned. What I should be using is the replacement battery but it fell into the same issues as the first: 1 while installed and running, the pc would cut after or before an hour had gone regardless...
  7. "Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers

"Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers: I've got an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver. It stopped working with what seems to be driver issues. When it's first plugged in, device manager sees it as an "Unknown Device" with status: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible...
  8. Following battery change, battery monitor shows "unknown remaining"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Following battery change, battery monitor shows "unknown remaining": Following installation of a new battery in my ACER M5-481T-6642 laptop running Win 10 (1903), the battery icon in the task bar has grayed out and displays "Unknown Remaining" when cursor is placed over it. Settings/System/Battery also shows vague/unknown battery condition...
  9. Battery unknown remaining

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery unknown remaining: About a week ago, my laptop started to stop showing the remaining battery and instead showed "Unknown remaining". It would shut down all of a sudden although I did charge overnight, and was only turned on when I plugged in the charger. However, when it is plugged in it showed...
  10. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Battery not detected (Unknown remaining): Good day, I'm having battery problems on my Sager NP8372. First, the battery icon on the taskbar suddenly switches back and forth from the default battery icon to “no battery detected” icon and changes my brightness setting. It just happens intermittently, and I don’t know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery unknown remaining windows 10

2. hp battery unknown remaining