Windows 10: Battery Slider vs Power Options

Discus and support Battery Slider vs Power Options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What bearing if any does the slider have on the power options (from control panel) I slid it to better battery but the power plan was still set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mkr10001, Mar 30, 2019.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Battery Slider vs Power Options

What bearing if any does the slider have on the power options (from control panel)
    I slid it to better battery but the power plan was still set to balanced?

Are they completely independent?

I needed to leave my laptop on over night and the fan kept starting up (not sure why, it was only downloading some files). I set it to better battery assuming this would limit the cpu so it wouldn't get so hot, it didn't. Changed my power plan to power saver and changed max state to 60% and it was fine....

Slider seems to do nothing.

:)

mkr10001, Mar 30, 2019
  2. daniel1 Win User

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Mar 30, 2019
  3. rlee123 Win User
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Battery Slider vs Power Options

How to disable Power Slider in Battery on Taskbar

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

OEMs do not have an option to disable or change power throttling on any of the Windows slider modes.

Kindly follow these steps to remove Power Throttling and let apps to work at full potential, use Group Policy Editor:

1. In Start Menu, search for gpedit.msc and open Group Policy Editor .

2. In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to “Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Power Throttling Settings.”

3. Find the “Turn off Power Throttling” policy on the right panel and double-click on it to open it.

3. In the policy properties window, select the radio option “Enable” and then click on the “OK” button to save the changes.

Restart windows.

Kindly follow these steps.to disable Power Throttling for processes:

Open Settings.

Click on System.

Under "Overview," click the Battery by app link.

Select the app you want to change its settings. ...

Clear the "Let Windows decide when this app can run in the background" option.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

GaneshGandhi1982, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Battery Slider vs Power Options

1. Battery Slider vs Power Options - Similar Threads - Battery Slider Power

2. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  3. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  4. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery icon doesn't show power mode slider anymore.

Battery icon doesn't show power mode slider anymore.: I'm unable to see a battery power mode slider which is used to change modes from high performance to battery saver mode. Have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling battery drivers, powercfg - restoredefaultschemes command, troubleshooter and command along with sfc /scannow....
  6. the battery slider disappears.

the battery slider disappears.: the battery slider disappears after windows may update can't fix from troubleshooting anyone has a solution? Asus X512fj Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-slider-disappears/89ad1dd4-3398-4c1e-9e1f-9f7d68ce1af0
  7. No battery power options

No battery power options: No battery power options available. On a side note, my battery does not last long. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-battery-power-options/434b3519-489b-4616-be56-d3eea5e145b4
  8. Battery Power slider missing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Power slider missing.: As the title says, the battery slider in Windows 10 is missing. It was there a few days ago but today when I checked it, it wasn't. I haven't changed anything recently in the power options. I checked the internet for a fix, but all of them are nothing but "keep the power...
  9. How to disable Power Slider in Battery on Taskbar

How to disable Power Slider in Battery on Taskbar: So Basically I want to know how to disable the Power Slider( As shown in the yellow circle below) and I know you can do it because I used to have it but I messed around with the power settings and managed to make this pop up again. So please somebody tell me how to disable it...
  10. Battery Slider is missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Slider is missing: Title says it all... After fully formated my laptop,i missing the power slide option which i can select to have high performance/batter saver and so on. Now im stuck with this [ATTACH] and i dont know how to bring it back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 performance slider missing

2. windows 10 battery taskbar has power mode slider instead of brightness button