Windows 10: Battery status

Discus and support Battery status in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I display battery status icon on taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-status/bc9c44e0-8e60-42f7-bb0e-f3e13feec2c2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisStirling2, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Battery status

How do I display battery status icon on taskbar?

:)

ChrisStirling2, Sep 27, 2019

2. Battery status not showing up

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 27, 2019
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Battery status

HPEnvy Battery charge issue Windows 10

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information:

- What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the battery drivers by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI
      and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Battery status

1. Battery status - Similar Threads - Battery status

2. Battery status not changing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery status not changing?: I got a HP laptop for Christmas 2023. The model is HP Laptop 15-dy5xxx. It was working perfectly until I played Sims 4 without the charger and the battery status kept dropping and it was overheated. I fully reset my laptop it's really slow. the battery did charge up until...
  3. Battery status not changing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery status not changing?: I got a HP laptop for Christmas 2023. The model is HP Laptop 15-dy5xxx. It was working perfectly until I played Sims 4 without the charger and the battery status kept dropping and it was overheated. I fully reset my laptop it's really slow. the battery did charge up until...
  4. I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.: Something caught my attention this week. That being, after my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 fully charges to 100%. The thunderbolt overlay remains instead of transitioning to a plug overlay. All in all, the battery is functioning properly. My laptop is running 23H2 with the...
  5. I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.

I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.: Something caught my attention this week. That being, after my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 fully charges to 100%. The thunderbolt overlay remains instead of transitioning to a plug overlay. All in all, the battery is functioning properly. My laptop is running 23H2 with the...
  6. Option to see battery status on lock / log in screen please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to see battery status on lock / log in screen please: Greetings, an option to view the battery status on log in / lock screens would be very useful. This topic was previously raised for Win 10, but it remains relevant for Win 11 too. Thanks...
  7. Option to see battery status on lock / log in screen please

Option to see battery status on lock / log in screen please: Greetings, an option to view the battery status on log in / lock screens would be very useful. This topic was previously raised for Win 10, but it remains relevant for Win 11 too. Thanks...
  8. Battery status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery status: My battery is always shows charging icon even at 100% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-status/b112a74e-7648-4d80-adc6-632304ca7679
  9. Battery status

Battery status: My battery is always shows charging icon even at 100% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-status/b112a74e-7648-4d80-adc6-632304ca7679
  10. Hi - laptop not charging when plugged in - Battery status 0% alvailabe plugged in - message...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi - laptop not charging when plugged in - Battery status 0% alvailabe plugged in - message...: Hi - laptop not charging when plugged in - Battery status 0% available plugged in - message shown in bottom right hand corner on battery icon....