Windows 10: Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly.

Discus and support Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have Dell Latititude E7240 12.5" laptop, 128Gb SSD, 8Gb RAM, Win 10 H 64bit with battery problems. The battery is not charging, the chargers 2 both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HelpTheAggrieved, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly.

Have Dell Latititude E7240 12.5" laptop, 128Gb SSD, 8Gb RAM, Win 10 H 64bit with battery problems. The battery is not charging, the chargers 2 both work well enough to run the machine from mains power but the Win10 display tells me 'No battery is detected'.

I tried following this sequence exactly:

Open Device Manager accessible by right clicking your Start Button
    Expand the Batteries section
    For each device in that section:
    Right click and choose Uninstall
    Shut your laptop down
    Disconnect the power adapter
    If you can, remove the battery from your laptop
    Press and hold the Power button on your laptop for 30 seconds
    Re-insert the battery, if you removed it
    Re-connect the power adapter
    Turn on your laptop
    Check if your battery is detected and charging. ..

without success. Any suggestions, anyone please?

:)

HelpTheAggrieved, Sep 21, 2020

2. No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop

My Asus battery says no battery is detected even after I followed these same steps. I have tried a lot of different ways but it still shows the same thing. What do I do?

dileckted689, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to try with a driver remove and reinstall with Device Manager. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot your system and check if the problem still exists.

Please tell me if the solution works.

StefanoTamiotti, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly.

Acer battery won't charge

If you can remove battery then follow the advice on Step 1.

FreeBooter, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly.

1. Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly. - Similar Threads - Battery still detected

2. DaveM121

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DaveM121: Dave I cant reply our messages its says "Oops sowmething went wrong" what can I do please check that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davem121/f5e7cb87-87f6-415d-8e15-744c17e42e70
  3. DaveM121

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DaveM121: I Dave, I am having this same issue and durgarao39 had back in Sept. I followed your answer to this issue that you suggested and below is what my results were can you help me to correct this window issue?Issue: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file...
  4. Battery not Detected but still working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not Detected but still working: I got the issue this morning, but if I unplug the laptop, it still works. I don't know much about removing the battery, but I know that this one is not removable....
  5. DaveM121

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DaveM121: how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davem121/d512c815-0fc5-4a87-936b-ef893035425b
  6. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  7. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  8. Advice following SSD upgrade

Advice following SSD upgrade: I have a rather basic question and would be very grateful for any advice. I've recently installed an SSD to replacing my hard drive on a machine that I put together myself a few years ago and then completed a fresh install of Windows 10. Do I need to re-install the the...
  9. Battery charging advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery charging advice: When the battery is fully charged is it necessary to switch the AC charge off? I have had contradictory advice on this, and now due to a charging / battery issue with my 2-in-1 Tablet PC I need to know. If I do turn AC off I usually (not always) find I cannot switch charging...
  10. Few probelms after following bad advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Few probelms after following bad advice: I needed more space in C: and found about 50GB in C:\windows\Users'Win7. My system was upgraded from Win 7 and I wondered if this folder was something ex-Win7 I didn't need anymore. I went onto MS Support chat and they said Yes. But it removed most of the files on my Desktop....